Sunday, January 21, 2007

When you can't sleep...Type

I am soooo sick of menopause and all the crap that comes with it. I just want this to be over and done with. I have been going through this stage of cramping for a few hours then it goes away until the next month or the month after that or whatever. I mean, I am glad it is all changing and I can tell it am getting towards the end, but enough already! I woke up not feeling too great so I had to take Advil and wait for them to work so here I sit setting up my blog for Sunday morning.

Jack had movie passes he got for Christmas so we went to see "Letters from Iwo Jima" directed by Clint Eastwood. If he doesn't get the Oscar next year there is no justice. I am not a military/war movie kind of gal, but this was a superb movie. Incredibly sad, but he did a terrific job of it. He filmed it in black and white, just a little fuzzy like 1940's newsreels and used subtitles. You had to read fast though! LOL It is about a true story where archaeologists doing a dig in some tunnels in Mt Suribachi on Iwo Jima, found buried letters from Japanese soldiers. I cried through half the thing.

I hear it is still raining out. Well no walking outside for me later on I guess. I may just take the day off. I guess there will be no shampooing the upstairs rugs either as they would never dry. Guess I will just have to knit! Hate It When That Happens Happy

I finished the baby layette I made for our grandbaby. Came out really nice I think. This pattern is so incredibly easy to do. I am making one more set for some friends of my son and dil's that we got close to when Jay and Alicia got married and are expecting a baby in August.

I think I am going to try and head back to bed and see if I can go back to sleep for a few hours.
Wait  Wait  Wait...Ok Go Ahead.
see you soon! Donna



3 comments:

MarDi said...

Awww, I couldn't sleep either and I've also been writing away on my blog, hoping to get a little sleepy!

Donna, the layette is gorgeous! Everything looks so soft and cuddly, it's just perfect! What a lucky baby!

I read your comment on slipping and jamming your foot under the car..ouch! :( I can see why you don't miss the winter weather at all...

Have a wonderful day, and I hope that you can get some sleep!

MarDi said...

I'm glad you were able to get back to sleep. I went right to sleep after I shut down my computer and slept for five hours... not enough, but I'll be certain to go to bed early tonight!

Knitting left-handed! It must make it very difficult for you to try things with the videos at KH. It reminds me of teaching my mother, who was left-handed, to crochet years ago. It was so crazy, and there was always much confusion and much laughter! She did get the hang of it and became quite good at it eventually.

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

This layette is adorable. I especially like the hat. I think there isn't much cuter than a baby with a hat on!
Hope you had a great weekend and were able to get some good sleep.