Wednesday, January 24, 2007

TODAY'S THE DAY....

Like the old joke, today I find out if I am going to be a grandmother or a grandfather...Laugh Even Jack can't wait. He told me that if they call while he is at work to call and page him. He thinks it is going to be a girl and I am totally with a boy so we shall see. I just hope the baby is in good health etc.

I had to sit and pay bills this morning! UGH! It isn't as much a chore anymore since so many of my bills can be paid online, which I love. No writing a bunch of checks, envelopes etc, just click and my bank account is smaller! Paying Bills

I finished the last baby layette last night and had about 3 yards of yarn left! WhewI wasn't looking forward to having to go and buy another skein of yarn for just a couple rows to finish it. Now all I have to do is sew my knitting labels in the inside of the sweater and they are ready to be boxed up and wrapped. I want to get the one going to Chicago out this weekend, but have to get baby paper and a card first.

Seemed a bit warmer this morning than it has been when I took out the trash. I sure hope so, I am sick of cold weather. Actually, I want hot weather so I can start swimming. I love to go over every morning and swim for an hour all by myself. It is wonderful. Our condo complex is right in the airport landing zone and with FEDEX having their main hub in Memphis, there are planes flying overhead all the time. I can go and swim and see the planes go past dreaming of the morning I will be on one winging my way to sin city! We are now just a little over 7 months until vacation. I should be able to get the airline tickets in 2 weeks when we get our tax refund back.

Speaking of airline tickets, we fly business/first class on Airtran from Memphis, to Atlanta then to Vegas. Jack hates to have to take this really early flight at 6 AM, but the other flights get there at night so it wastes a whole day of vacation that way. This way we are there before noon their time. Anyway, he told me to check Northwest, which has a hub here in Memphis to see what first class tickets cost. Good grief! Shocked They want $4030 for business class tickets! I checked American Airlines and they want $3400 I think it was. Our tickets are $1641! Now, in my opinion the only thing different is you get a meal with the other airlines, but darn, I think $500 for a meal each way is kind of steep!!!! With Airtran, we get treated like first class passengers, our cabin has its own flight attendent, she continally comes up and asks if you want anything, the booze is free, etc. The prices went up from 2005 by a total of about $300, but I think most of that was fuel costs. My question is, if the cut rate airlines can fly for that amount and be in the black, why are airlines lik NWA and AA in bankruptcy reorganization all the time???

I need to get out and get to Walking My feet aren't going to do it by themselves!

Have a good day! Rainbow Donna




2 comments:

MarDi said...

Oh, how exciting!! Do you know if it's a boy or girl grandbaby yet? I'll have to keep checking back to read the news when you post it! :D

Blueberry scarf was finished last night, hooray! It's on it's way to viva la France, finally! Now on to new projects. :)

Warmer here today too..a balmy 34 degrees at the moment, but we're back to single digits over the next couple of days. Seems like a long way off 'til our pool will be open!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear the news on whether we'll be seeing pink or blue booties on your blog soon!