Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Knittin' to pass the time...

Jack is concerned that I am in the house too much so we talked about it last night. I told him that knitting keeps me busy and I don't get bored and I enjoy it since I have mastered some of the techniques a little more and can knit stuff other than simple scarves or whatever if I want to. He says he worries about me being in the house alone all the time. Bless his heart. So, because of that AND other reasons I am seriously considering joining WW. I think I need accountability and I know me and if I have to go to a meeting and weigh every week, I am surely going to stick to a diet program and not bounce around. Besides, I like the program, it is nutritionally sound and I can do basically what I am doing now except instead of figuring fat and calories, I just do the point system. Though I will stay for meetings, I have a pretty good handle on why I eat, the triggers and such. I have done this for a long time on and off and realize it is not a quick fix that I have to fix emotional, physical and other issues along with just overeating. I have two things that make me jump off the wagon, boredom eating, which knitting really takes care of and I love food, plain and simple.

I am almost done with the third baby set. I have about half of the sweater complete. I had more problems with this sweater than the other two combined. I kept goofing up and having to frog it back. I would get lost because of so many patterns in this sweater and end up tearing out the whole thing and starting over. I think I did that 3 or 4 times. For one thing, this pattern has some mistakes in it, though they can be easily ignored if you pay attention to what you are doing. For some reason this lady cast on 34 instead of 33 stitches and would end up with one side have a k4 border and the other a k3. Anyway, it is coming along, though I can't say the same for the blanket, which I haven't touched in several days. Mardi, let's trade and I will finish your scarf for you and you can do my blanket. I need it back by the middle of March though! Happy

They have finally shipped out the yarn for my dd's sweater so I need to hop to it and get some of this stuff done. I have about 1/3 of one side of my ribbon top finished, haven't gotten any of the sparkle top started and would if I would stop making baby stuff!

I am now past 5 AM and Jack will be up for work in just a few so I need to get going.

All is well in my world today. Donna





1 comment:

MarDi said...

Donna, it's a deal! The scarf is nearly finished but I just got some new yarn in the mail yesterday and couldn't resist starting something with it. But today's the day to finish it. It has to be in the mail tomorrow if it will arrive in France by Feb. 2nd, so no playing with new yarn for me today! :)

I'd gladly do your blanket for you if I could, but I'm not sure my knitting skills are equal to the task! It's the heart patterned blanket, yes?

Have a lovely day!

MarDi