Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Our grandbaby is growing...

I talked to my dil yesterday and she said she is finally getting a tummy. Her ultrasound appt is the end of January so we should know then what we are having. I will be excited to know so I can buy gender stuff. I am finishing up the blanket, but that is all I am knitting for him. I picked out some adorable stuff at Ralph Lauren online and they gift box for free so I can have the stuff already boxed and only thing I have to do is wrap it and get a card. We are going to give them $500 to buy baby furniture or whatnot that they need and that is really our gift to them. I am not doing that at the shower, we will do that in private, but we couldn't do it with Thomas because Jack's job back then paid so poorly, but we want to help out as we can. They hardly need the money as she is a pharmacist and he is a salesman for a big manufacturing distributor, in fact, when I talked to her yesterday, he had just sold a $250,000 piece of machinery so he was pretty stoked. That gives him 25% of his sales for this year already. Her Baby Showeris going to be either March 31 or April 1 so I am planning on going to that. They live about 10 hours from here and Jack can't go so I will just rent a car and leave early on Friday morning and come back either Monday or Tuesday. My dd said something about going, but most of the time she doesn't get to because of work.

For those of you who need a real belly laugh this morning, I graciously allow myself to be the butt of this joke:

You'll get a kick out of this. I sat and laughed my head off here at the computer after it was all said and done. I went out walking at 6:30 this morning and was coming back down the street towards the condo and the older (late 60's) man that has been staying across the street was sort of pacing out on the street. He was taking out the trash when I left to walk and said good morning to me and I responded back etc. Anyhow, I didn't say anything to him when I came back and when I got up about halfway to the back gate, he started walking across the drive and said, "Miss?" I turned around and he was pulling money out of his wallet and said, "Could you give me a little sugar?" Oh my God, a masher! lol I was about ready to give him what for when he said, "I don't have any sugar for my coffee and can't leave right now!" lololololololololol I am still sitting here laughing about it. He was very nice. I told him sure, just a minute and came in and got a disposable cup and filled it with sugar and took it out to him. He introduced himself and pulled out all kinds of ID so I wouldn't be afraid of him (I never was in the first place) and just talked on and on about being separated from his wife and living with his daughter in the condo until his son graduates from high school in June etc etc. Only I would think the guy wanted you know what, but he was pulling out money! I should have figured it wasn't sex though, cause I am worth more than a dollar!

I am doing great on my diet, except for the icky Chuck E Cheese haven't had food off my program. I have exercised everyday too so I am thrilled the lbs are coming off. I am not one of those fat ladies who gives a fig newton about my size, but I would like to be able to do things that others take for granted.


My sister emailed me (not the one I made the sweater for but my other sister) and ask if I could knit a baby sweater and hat for her new grandbaby that is due in June as well. I told her I wasn't sure I could get it done because I had a bunch of projects going at the moment, but I would try. So, stupid me, sat down at the computer and hunted up a pattern and this is what I did this afternoon instead of the knitting I wanted to get done. Cute, isn't it and I used my leftover Caron Simply Soft that I bought for my dd's shrug. It is really a soft yarn and has a nice sheen, I think. Looks like that red hat is not going to get worn on Saturday as it won't get dry even finishing it tomorrow.


I guess I better get to making homemade noodles for dinner tomorrow night. They need overnight to dry well.

Toodle Loo! Waving

Donna

1 comment:

MarDi said...

OMG, what a funny story!! Good thing you didn't slap him before getting the gist of what he wanted! LOL Thanks for the good laugh!

It will be so great to know if it's a boy or a girl grandchild, I bet you can't wait!