Friday, January 19, 2007

Is it Spring yet, because I am Cleaning...

We are shampooing the upstairs carpets this weekend and Jack picked up my comforter from the cleaners so I can put it and my bedskirt back on the bed. I am already ready for spring to get here. I want to be in the Swimming instead of walking uphill all the time. We live right where all four directions go uphill. It is great for the heart, but hard on the ole knees sometimes. That is why I go and exercise so early because I know I wouldn't do it if it gets later in the day. Besides, I am a total morning person and feel much better early in the morning than I do later in the day.

I have the booties and hat finished for our baby and hope to get the sweater on the needles and done today if I can. Depends on interruptions and what other stuff I need to do. I probably should start my downstairs weekly cleaning today, but I may just veg and knit all day.

I have been given the terms, professional knitter, that I do amazing work, etc., but I consider myself maybe an advanced beginner. I don't do very hard things, and still have issues with seaming etc, which I think just takes time to work the kinks out of. My knitting seems to be better on some days than others, straighter, neater, etc depending on how my hands feel so I am no expert, that is for sure. I just really enjoy it now that I do it all the time. I never thought I would enjoy it so much, but since I did so much last year for Christmas and such, I really have gotten into it. Besides it has a big plus, it keeps my hands busy so I don't want to snack. It also makes my hands skinny. I wonder if you can knit with you whole body??? Laugh I wish it were that easy.
The diet is coming along fine. I have decided to go back to journaling calories and fat calories to keep myself in line. I am still getting out and walking everyday so I get my exercise in. I just keep thinking about losing enough to get into all those nice capris for summer and vacation. I bought my first vacation piece of clothing, a pair of white sandals. I have a pair of Clark's (which I absolutely swear by) sandals in an off white sort of color, but wanted the white to take to Vegas and found a pair on sale so snapped them up as they only had 3 pairs left in white. We will start little by little getting clothing needs bought, shows booked and next month the airline tickets purchased, which makes the vacation real for both of us.

When Jack was in the Navy, the kids and I would make construction paper chains that they would cut one link off every day so they could keep track of how long it was until dad would be home. I hung it up right in the front entrance so people would come in and ask about it and it gave the kids a way of talking about their dad. Well, Jack got the bright idea we should do it for our trip so the other night we sat and made a paper chain for vacation! Nutty, for over 50's, I know, but it was fun doing it together.
Everyone have a great Friday and a great weekend! I am off to get in my walking.
Donna Current Mood - Happy




2 comments:

MarDi said...

Paper chains, it's a great idea... We used to make them on Dec. 1st, as a countdown to when Santa would arrive! :)

I also can't wait to have the pool back. Exercising in water is so much easier on the joints, especially the knees which I sometimes have problems with too.

Hope you have a lovely day, Donna!

Unknown said...

Paper Chains! We used to make them in the Army and use them as a "short-timers" calendar to measure how many days until we got sent back Stateside!
Don't under estimate yourself, you are way past advanced beginner in my book!!
Have a wonderful day and not too much cleaning.