Friday, January 26, 2007

Now the Wait is on...

Waiting for a new baby is always hard, I think. You are anxious for it to get here. She has set the shower date so I can prepare for that. My dd is not going to be able to go because her company is going through a huge aquisition at that time and she would get fired if she tried to take time off. They have already been warned that there will be no time off starting in March up until June. She and her brother and sil have a very rocky relationship and she is afraid this isn't going to help. She is his only sibling, didn't go to his wedding, didn't go to her bridal shower and now can't go to this. I try to stay out of it, but always get stuck in the middle and I hate it. I am again and I am upset about it. I guess I dropped the ball on something that I didn't understand I was supposed to do etc etc. Anyway, my husband is going to call his son and tell him in this case he needs to give his sister a break because she can't do anything about this.

Today I sign up for WW. I was a WW member over 30 years ago back when the program was really rigid. I couldn't afford it back then and didn't last long. I guess now I wish I had.

I am coming along on both my ribbon top and my dd's sweater. I really like the camel color. This yarn has a nice sheen and gives it a slight golden color to it. I hope she likes it. My ribbon top is just a funky fun thing that I will enjoy wearing I hope. I am not sure how comfortable wearing ribbon is though! Lol Alas, I have made no progress on the blanket. My left pinky finger was swollen at the joint yesterday and I couldn't keep the yarn wrapped. It wouldn't bend much so I knew that knitting on the blanket would just not go.

The weekend is upon us and I hope to get a lot done.

Weekend 1 Donna





1 comment:

MarDi said...

Good luck with WW, everyone I know who has ever gone on the program have reached their goal. You've already done so well on your own, you're sure to have great success with WW!

It's freezing here (zero degrees with a wind chill of minus 13), so the treadmill is actually looking to be a very good idea this morning to warm up!

Have a wonderful weekend, Donna!