Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tropical to Frigid in one easy motion....

I a freezing my Freezing My Butt Off off! I cannot believe it went from the high 50's and it is 28 degrees right now! The temps started to plummet early in the evening and by about 6 PM it was only around 35 degrees. Thank goodness the wind was blowing and dried up all the rain so the walks and roads aren't slippery. I will just have to bundle up to walk this morning. It is hard to believe I grew up in cold weather country and loved it as a kid. Must be old age. The bones just can't take it anymore. No wonder all the social security set move to Florida!

My baby came back from his doctor and hair appt and doesn't he look so pretty? Underneath his sweater he is completely "blue" as the breeders call Yorkies. Just means he is dark gray. He got a good report from the doctor except he has to go and get his teeth cleaned. You know, when Jack bought him for me from a breeder he named him Fortune because he said that is what he would cost him and I guess he was right. With shots and boosters, teeth extractions when some of his puppy teeth never fell out, heartworm and flea and tick stuff, grooming once a month or so to the tune of $35, food and treats, toys and clothes he cost more than the kids! LOL


I am again making progress with the heart blanket. It is slow going, but it will be finished to be wrapped before I leave for the shower in March. I got attitude from a woman I know on a non knitting website that I should use circs. I told her I can't use circs on this and she acted like I was stupid. If I could have used circs, I probably would have.


Since I am waiting for the replacement yarn for my dd's sweater (I sent the original stuff back as it turned out to be like a velour and she would NEVER wear it) and bought this instead: It is Bernat Satin so I know it will be soft for her. She is a redhead so I think it will look good on her too! I tend to buy her a lot of green stuff so thought I would go with something else this time. Anyway, while I am waiting for it to come in, I am going to start on my sparkly top for vacation. I can knit inbetween working on the blanket.
I see by the ole Cukoo Clock that it is 6:30 which means time to pull on the Hat 4 Coat Mittens 4 and brave the Cold Breath and get out and walk!
As Tony the Bengal Tiger would say....."You are all GGGGRRRREEEAAATTT!!!"

Exit stage left for me.....Donna

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your baby looks "squeaky clean" and VERY handsome! Did you make his sweater?

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the Homespun! Bigger needles seem to help. I am a big Judi Dench fan as well. Ladies in Lavendar was a great movie. I loved her portrayal of Queen Victoria in Mrs. Brown, too. Like you, I must have been English in another life. I was happy to see Helen Mirren win big at the Golden Globes last night, she is also a brilliant actress.

MarDi said...

Awww, he looks beautiful -- And he looks like he knows very well how handsome he is!

I'm also a huge Judi Dench fan, and I loved Ladies in Lavendar. It's so funny that the three of us who "visit" each other every day has anglophilia in common as well as many other things! My ancestry is mostly English, so perhaps we are all three cousins! :)

I loved Helen Mirren in Elizabeth I, but haven't seen The Queen yet. Definitely my next DVD purchase!