Friday, January 5, 2007

How can you use your knitting needles with rice????

Nope, not as chopsticks, you fill a long cylinder with rice and poke your needles back and forth in it to shine them up. Tip from Knitt Gritty

I just had to include this cartoon someone posted on KH. It sure fits me at the moment!



The sweater is coming along, I was up to the yoke and discovered I was a stitch short. I had dropped one and had to frog out a huge amount, then last night was knitting merrily away on the yoke and discovered I had read the pattern wrong and had to frog it too and start over. I believe I am now on the right Track Ok, so that was a lame yoke....Brother I am getting worse aren't I?

For those of you who read my blog, if you ever see a finished project you like and want to knit, feel free to let me know and I would be happy to pass it on. I use mostly free stuff as I have trouble finding stuff I like at places like Walmart and Michaels and haven't been to any lys. I don't buy patterns online for the most part because without seeing the pattern, I don't know how difficult it is sometimes.

Tomorrow is my test of will. We are taking Thomas to Chuck E Cheese and though I detest their Pizza Pie that doesn't mean I wouldn't sit there and eat it. We are going really early, like 10 o'clock so I think we are going to ask him if he wants to go somewhere else for lunch afterward instead of having pizza.

My husband said the nicest thing to me last night in bed. We were laying there just talking about our dating and stuff (how we met is a story for the magazines) and he said that when I sent him my senior picture he said he thought, "Wow, she is really beautiful!" Blushy I am anything but beautiful but after knowing him 35 years he STILL thinks so. He calls me gorgeous instead of my name most of the time, comes in from work at night and asks me how his sexy wife is doing, etc etc. One thing he never ever forgets to do even if we happen to go to bed mad, which rarely happens, he always On The Cheek me goodnight. If I go to bed before him and are asleep and he can't find my lips, he will kiss my shoulder, head, arm whatever, but I always get that kiss! I will ask him if he loves me and he tells me he adores me, what more could you ask, right? He is a peachy husband that is for sure. He makes all the bad things right again just being here.

Does anyone but me have trouble figuring out i-cord and doing mattress stitch? I think with the seaming I only get it about half right, it just doesn't look bad or I take it out. I have never been able to to the pull up the seam thing so I know I am doing something wrong. I guess I am going to have to watch the KH videos over and over until I can get it right and I am not sure I am ever going to get a handle on the i-cord.

Well, I hear the Washing Machine has stopped and the dishwasher needs unloading. I have the Treadmill to get on and breakfast to make for myself. Today is Cereal day for breakfast.
Have a good one everybody! DonnaCurrent Mood: Happy

1 comment:

MarDi said...

Hi Donna!

Glad that you're back on track with the sweater, I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

I had a good chuckle at the cartoon! Poor shirtless grandpa! lol

I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow, because you have the incentive and great motivation! Keep up the good work! :)

You and your DH are obviously a match made in heaven. It's so sweet!

I'm off to jump on my treadmill as I missed doing it this morning, with early errands to run. I'll have to run twice as fast! ;)

Have a great day!