Friday, January 12, 2007

Here Comes the Red Hatter...

I finally finished the darn red hat. It isn't exactly what I wanted as the brim is floppy instead of stiff because of the eye lash yarn, but it looks a little better than the one I call the "bell cap's hat." That one, though unique looks awful on me. I may make one more solid red one with the same pattern so the brim will be stiff like a sun hat. I did get an inspiration and formed it by using a hat I liked as the form and a bowl under the straw hat to keep it's form. Worked great, actually. I had to do some pulling and had skinned knuckles, but it came out fine.


We went out to dinner last night and had a great time. Chilis has 2 for 1 drinks at happy hour so Jack enjoyed his two Margaritas on the rocks, which I took a couple swallows of. I am your basic phoo phoo drink gal though, daquiris, pina coladas, sex on the beach, fuzzy navels, that sort of thing. All high in sugar of course! I had too much fat with what I ended up ordering, but that was our eating out for the month (we used to eat out a lot, but I have cut that wayyyyy back) so it doesn't bother me. Besides, I am getting ready to go Walking 2 with the old CD player. Yes, I am still back in the semi electronic dark ages as I use a walkman and not a mp3 player of some kind. I imagine I will have one eventually, but for now, I am perfectly happy with the CD player.
I just bought green and yellow yarn and 3 pr of dpn's this morning. I bought the green yarn to finish up the baby set and the yellow to make a set for our grandbaby to match the heart blanket I am trying to get finished. I commited to kniting one full 12 row pattern everyday until it is done. It does hurt my hands so with the blanket to the size it has become heavy, a lot of stitches on the needle and a more intricate pattern to deal with too. I have 12 more patterns and 10 rows of seed stitch to finish it up so I should be able to have it done in a about 2-3 weeks max, which is great because the baby shower is the last Saturday in March or the next day. In between times I can work on my dd's sweater, which I have just started and get the yellow sweater, hat and booties done. I am not going to worry too much about the green sweater as she doesn't need it until June so I can make it after the baby shower and send it to her if need be. I am going to go ahead and give her the sunsuit because it matches instead of giving it to Alicia for our grandbaby. I can always whip up another one as it was pretty easy.

I better hit the streets and get the exercise in. I have housecleaning I want to get done today along with work up menus for 2 weeks and shopping list.
Have a good one and a nice long weekend if you get Monday off!
TTFNDonna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the hat! You should look for a big red & purple silk rose to stick on the side!
Good Luck with the housework, mine starts bright and early tomorrow morning. I have Monday off so I am hoping to get it all done tomorrow morning so I can watch some football this weekend and just knit on Monday. Although with 3 cats and a dog house work (especially dust mopping) is NEVER done!
Have a good one!
PS
Thanks for your kind remarks on my tea set, it was a Christmas present from a friend.

MarDi said...

Love the hat too! What a great idea for the red/purple silk rose!

I was at a restaurant during Christmas chaos shopping and a happy, jolly Red Hat group was seated at the table next to ours. They were having so much fun together!

Have a good walk and a great day!