Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Elvis's hair would be stiff today....

Male Entertainer 4 It is still cold here in Memphis. The temp right now is 26 degrees, which is cold for here. I am hoping it will warm up today though. It was really cold all day yesterday and I couldn't get warm for anything.


I started my Estelle Dazzle top yesterday on circs. I decided the top was so simple it could easily be done on circs. After consulting my knitting expert, we agreed so I went ahead and cast it on circs. We shall see how that is going to pan out. We had to do some math regarding gauge and such and I got tickled at her. She told me to knit until I had a good length then compare it to a piece of clothing that currently fits and if it is smaller or larger we know we flunked math class! Laugh

My diet is coming along. I have to get in more water though. I am eating a lot of fiber and it needs water to pass through. I have some cramping this morning and that is why I am up so early and I think it is from gas, etc from not getting enough water. It isn't that I don't like water, and I am drinking water for meals, but I get a glass and sit and knit and forget it is there instead of drinking it.

I bought some tape style yarn to make another bright and colorful top for vacation. Only problem is Joann.com didn't have enough and it was on sale so I bought all they had and will get the rest somewhere else. I am just going to watch and see if it goes on sale somewhere else. I love the colors and it will go with so many summer capris I already own.

I guess I should try and head back to bed. Five AM gets her pretty quickly.

Adieu, Adieu, parting is such sweet sorrow.... Donna



4 comments:

Unknown said...

"The Bucket residence, the lady of the house speaking!" Yes, I love Hyacinth! I even went so far as to Google the Royal Doulton pattern with the handpainted periwinkles. (Hyancinth's china pattern) You may be interested to know that it doesn't exist! It was invented by the actress who plays Hyacinth! Yes! I cried at Calendar Girls and I guarantee you will shed a few tears at Tea with Mussolini. (There are quite a few giggles, too!) If you know anything about Queen Victoria you will be amazed at Judi's performance. I also watch Bargain Hunt, David Dickinson cracks me up!
I always regretted never visiting England when I was stationed in Germany. (I was Active Duty Army for 10 years. We managed to cover most of the continent but never got across the English Channel. Two other shows I watch whenever they come on are "Ballykissangel" filmed in Ireland and "All Creatures Great and Small" about a country veterinarian in Yorkshire. Both are excellent but are rarely shown on television anymore. They used to come on PBS.
Maybe we better check our respective genealogies....we could be distant cousins!

Unknown said...

Just a quick post script. If you like these types of movies & TV shows I can recommend a book that will rip you away from your knitting until you finish the book, it is called "The Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon.

MarDi said...

I hope you warm up today. For us up here in the cold white north, there's no chance for warming today! My car is a ball of ice, so after housecleaning, a day of knitting and keeping warm is definitely in order...which really isn't such a bad thing at all! :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

A Breath of Snow and Ashes is the latest in the series, I have read them all except for that one. The first one, The Outlander, is absolutely the best.