Monday, January 8, 2007

Meeemmmmphis, TN where the winds come sweeping off the street...

It is cold and windy here this morning. Windy I went out and walked my .8 miles this morning and it was sure chilly, but to tell you the truth I would prefer that to Sweaty and trying to walk in it. Memphis is extremely humid in the summer time and boy that makes it tough to walk sometimes.

I am almost finished with my sister's sweater. I have the pattern to put in then I can bind off and sew it up. I am going to work some more of doing a better mattress stitch with this sweater. I have knitted a few rows of the stuff I bought for my top and it is so gorgeous. I think I am going to have to buy a spaghetti strap bra tank to go under it though because it feels like it will probably be itchy. I found a gorgeous aqua satin one that I think would work perfectly underneath and will probably get that.

I am chugging along with my diet. I did ok yesterday and want to do really well again this week. I am not getting on those Scale again until the end of the month to see how well I did overall. I think you avoid disappointment by doing it that way. Maybe it is just personal preference though.

Today is call the Veterinarian to get Fortune's shots and then to get him groomed. He is a total mess, but with Jack being out of work and no money coming in then Christmas right after that, I haven't had the money to get him in until now. As soon as I am done blogging this morning, I am going to call and see if I can get him in next Monday because Jack is off work for MLK day.

Good grief, I don't know what the creepy neighbors are doing this morning, but they could wake the dead banging around like they do. We own an older condominium and it seems we are getting more and more renters around us. The problem is that these were built in 1973 or so and some of the people have lived here since they were built. They are now elderly and are passing away and their families are selling them to whomever to just get rid of them. Condos here are almost impossible to sell. Anyway, these investment companies are buying them dirt cheap then renting them out. In our group of 10 condos, 4 are owned and the rest rented and of course there are renters on both sides of us. The one on the left is always kept tip top because it is owned by someone who lived in the condo until they bought a house. He always has good renters except the woman that lives in there now cooks the most godawful stuff and the smell comes into our condo and just lingers. I know she does chitlins out in her backyard and they are the most disgusting smelling things you can imagine. Our bedroom is facing our deck so it is next to her back yard and ick, sometimes I can't sleep when she and her friends are out there cooking that nasty stuff. It smells really bad. The other side are just noisy. Not late night music noisey just slamming doors, loud talking noisy.

I guess I should get to knitting and call the vets

From my house to yours... French
Donna



2 comments:

MarDi said...

Hi Donna!

Wow, the sweater is nearly done? I'm amazed at how quickly you finish projects, mine always seem forever on the needles!

Surprisingly, one of the few things that I've mastered is the mattress stitch. Maybe it came so easily to me because I also sew a lot, but once you get it, it's really easy. Just watch the video on KH as often as you need to get the hang of it. It really makes a huge difference in seaming, virtually invisible!

Pouring rain here today, still not cold enough for snow. We just discovered that our jonquils have decided it's spring and are making an early appearance, along with a butterfly bush which just started sprouting leaves. Crazy weather up north!

Hope you're having a wonderful day! :)

Unknown said...

Donna~
Please send some of that cool weather down here! We were 86 degrees this weekend. (I had to turn the Air-conditioner on to knit the prayer shawl!)
Sounds like you are doing good on your diet. When I walked this morning at 430am it was 74 degrees and horribly humid!