Monday, January 15, 2007

From Singing to Cussing at the rain...

Ok, enough is enough. Three days of Rain Cloud and I am sick of it. I can hear it outside and am contemplating walking in it anyway, but will probably just do the treadmill or maybe go to the mall and walk, but who wants to get all spruced up to that early in the morning? I know you working ladies have to get up and get beautiful but us stay at home slugs don't! Lol


I am almost finished with the sweater and it is soooo adorable. I love making newborn stuff because it is so tiny. I used up the leftover yarn my my dd's shrug and just had to start on the sweater, but I ran out with about 10 rows to go so now I sit and wait for my order from Joan to get her. In it though is some soft yellow to make a set for our grandbaby. I have to get serious about the stupid blanket though. I have a ways to go on it and dread even picking it up. I will work on it today some and try and get at least 1 full pattern finished. I never realized how hard it is to knit blankets in all one piece. I did a couple diagonal ones, but they were on larger needles and though they got heavy and would sometimes make my hands hurt it was nothing like this. I sure hope this blanket lasts through all their baby's because I am never knitting another one like it.



No outside walking for me this morning I guess. It is still pouring down rain here and supposed to rain all day. I have early morning stuff I have to do so I am going to have to go out in it anyway. The dog has to go to the vets/groomers and I need to take our comforter to the cleaners to be laundered. Luckily, the vet's is a block from her and the cleaners only about half a mile and I don't even have to get out of the car at the cleaners.

We got the downstairs rugs shampooed yesterday and I set up fans to dry them because of the rain. I also finally got the downstairs all cleaned so it is the upstairs shampooing and cleaning today I guess. We are supposed to go and get haircuts too sometime this morning. Jack and I both look pretty shaggy.


I guess I better get off my behind and get my morning chores finished so at 7 I can take the dog and drop him at the groomers/vet's.


Looking for the Rainbow Donna

2 comments:

MarDi said...

I also have weather-related woes today, but for us it's freezing rain and every inch of the outdoors is covered with a heavy sheet of ice! I'm definitely housebound today, and I had planned on a trip to my LYS which now must be cancelled. :(

The baby sweater is gorgeous! What a lovely pattern, is it very difficult? It's such a pretty color for a baby.

I'll be working on the "blueberry" scarf today, all day... and hoping for sunshine for both of us!

MarDi said...

Thank you so much for the link to the pattern for the baby sweater. I will definitely make this one!