Saturday, January 27, 2007

We have Sadness at our House...

We received very sad news last night. We called Jack's favorite aunt and uncle (his dad's sister) last night to tell them we will have a Jack the IV. His aunt has really missed her brother even though he has been dead over 30 years now. She was thrilled when we named our son Jack, and we wanted to share the news with them that there would be another Jack in just a few months. We tried their phone and got no answer, tried their son and left a message, then called the other aunt and she told Jack that Aunt Liz passed away two months ago. She said Uncle Buddy was living with his dd now and their son was living in the house. She gave Jack Betty Carol's phone # and he called and talked to her. We couldn't have gone to the funeral as Jack was still recovering from open heart surgery, but we could have sent flowers as a family. I guess she wrote our phone number down wrong and they couldn't get ahold of us and didn't have Jack's sister's number. My poor husband cried on the phone he was so upset he hadn't been able to be contacted. She and her husband were wonderful people and whenever we would go through Mineral Wells, Tx we would stay with them. The last time we saw them, we flew out there with Kelly and Thomas and I think he was around 3. She was in her late 80's so had a long life. It was such a shock though as we usually called them each Christmas and didn't this year because of Jack's stuff going on. We just forgot. Life does go on, but it won't be the same without feisty Aunt Liz.

Well, we have filed our taxes so we will get our refund in a couple weeks and I can buy the airline tickets for our vacation. We are going to have a bunch of regular maintenance done on the car too, like brakes, shocks, etc, etc. We have to have some possible major work done on the blower for the heat/ac. It has quit working. It may be some fuse Jack can't find or total replacement or wiring problem, we just don't know at this point. We will have it looked at after the refund comes back so we have plenty of money.

Jack has decided to go with me to Indiana for the baby shower so I am glad about that. I don't mind going alone, but it is a 10 hour hard drive, 12 if you stop and so it is nice not having to go alone since my dd can't go. My dd has offered to give her what is called a blessingsway shower, where important women in the mother's life get together to give blessings to the new baby. They do some kind of bead ceremony where each one provides a bead and a written blessing from her that is strung on a a necklace for the mother. They then wash the new mother to be's feet. They also a lot of times bring meals that are frozen to give the family easy meals for a few days after returning home. I think it is a nice idea actually. It sounds kind of hokey, but it was a generous and sweet thing for my dd to do and there have been a lot of hard feelings with regards to her and her brother and stuff so I applaud her for trying. She feels really really badly she can't go to the shower, but it is the same weekend as the aquisition of her company and she is having to work 3 weeks straight 7 days a week to go through this I guess.

I am now an official WW member and think I will like the program. I know I will stick with it since I have to get on that scales every week and though they don't say out loud what you weigh (though I could care less) they do say stuff like, "You're one lb up" or "You lost two this week," stuff like that. I can stand people knowing my weight but I don't want anyone to hear, "You've gained 3 lbs this week!" Teethy It takes some effort, but is a pretty easy program to follow. I am doing pts versus the core thing. That I am not sure I would stay on. You get extra pts for exercising and 35 weekly pts extra to use as you choose, but I am going to try hard not to use any of those. The only manditory pts are the daily ones and you are to use up all of those.

I am so mad at NBC! They shower a RERUN of Las Vegas again last night. I do not know what is going on with programming this year. They don't show reruns of that VomitAmerican Idol or some of those other lame reality things, but the one show I look forward to each week seems to be reruns all the time.

Time to get up and Running Well in my case, something a bit more sedate, but I need to get the day started.

No WorriesEveryone!!! Donna

1 comment:

MarDi said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Donna, such sad news. Sadder still that you weren't able to say a final goodbye. I hope that soon the sadness will give way to all yours and your husband's happiest memories of her.