Sunday, January 14, 2007

Singin' in the Rain....

Good morning all! I had a nice time at the Red Hat luncheon. I know I am not going to be buddies with any of these ladies, but to have a lunch once a month with them is ok. I enjoyed it and won the first bingo prize so I posted a pic of what I got. Cute, huh? I am going to save it and put a pic of Jack and I on vacation in it. I have to say they do the lunches up big. I also got this cute snow man votive lamp that was at each place setting. They have an auction every month to raise money for the coffers for flowers for sick, funeral, stuff like that. I get my hat pin next month for joining and I want to buy a regular stiff brimmed straw hat for that. I need purple CLOTHES though. I have a 2 piece slinky knit pant suit thing, and 2 purple sweaters and that is it. You MUST wear purple and red only and I think I have a pair of red knit pants upstairs but I know nothing else. I don't want to be buying clothes and losing weight, though. I also got some little book as did everyone. All in all it was a nice time and that is all I expected from it.

The commissary was another thing! I got out of the luncheon at 2:30 and even then left before the auction, but I didn't want the stuff anyway as it was lotions and hair products and I am picky about that stuff, you know? I would rather just give a donation to the kitty. Anyway, it was pouring rain, Laughing 2 foggy, as the devil and I found out we need new wind shield wipers on top of that. I know why Jack has been dragging his feet. Our windshield wipers for this car cost like $40!!!!! That's what we get for buying a grand marquis I guess, but oohlala the butt room! Anway, it is about 30 miles away, accidents every turn, traffic a nightmare and I get out there and it is PACKED! It was awful. I was tired and the shelves were half empty (I forgot military got paid on Friday and probably cleaned them out then and they get deliveries on Thursdays so either had had time to restock or ran out) Anyway, I couldn't find this or that and I had one woman that Pissed me off big time. Anyway, then I had to walk in the rain to my car and drive home in the horrible rain all wet and unload and put all the crap away. Jack told me in no uncertain terms he knew I was trying hard to lose weight but I was not cooking and we were going out to eat. We ended up at our favorite mexican restaurant and I didn't do well with the tortilla chips and cheese dip as this dip is to dye for and Jack won't eat it, BUT I didn't eat all the cheese or anything it was more the tortilla chips, I order the 2 cheese enchiladas with rice and beans, ate half an enchilada a forkful of the beans and more of the rice than anything. I brought it home and threw it out! YEAH FOR ME!!!!! I was going to sit and eat it at home, but I got home and thought, NOPE! I also didn't eat any of the lowfat desserts I bought or snacks or anything, just went upstairs and watched tv until I went to bed. For lunch that day I did really well. I got a grilled chicken wrap in a spinach tortilla with ff ranch dressing and cottage cheese. I ate the wrap and 2 forks of cottage cheese but didn't order dessert or anything. I really really want this and that is why I am trying so hard, I think. It is obviously paying off.

I have a bazillion things to accomplish today! Blogging short and sweet today! Oh, I did start the green baby sweater and it is going to be so adorable. Can't wait to make our baby one.


Goodbye for now! Donna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your commissary nightmare! But it sounds like your luncheon was nice.
Congrats on your weight loss progress!

MarDi said...

You wouldn't be happy with the butt room potential of my car -- My car is a Volkswagen New Beetle! LOL

Congratulations on your last weigh-in, you're doing great! Making all the right choices, and that along with exercise is the very best (and healthiest) way to go.

Can't wait to see the first photo of the green baby sweater!