Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One side done...

I have the back side of the sleeveless sweater for me finished and have gotten the ribbing bottom done on the front side and am starting my stockinette. If I push myself, I just might be able to finish it and wear it to Thomas's Cub Scout banquet on Saturday night. I guess we shall see. It is a lovely soft peach color done with Caron Simply Soft yarn.


Jack has his first cardiologist appt since his surgery back in Sept. He has lost about 11 lbs since then so we shall see what the dr says about that and the fact he is now on WW. He has had a couple of those weird swellings to his tongue since December, but nothing major. He isn't taking any meds for it and it may be just something that pops up from time to time for the rest of his life or may go away all together.

I just finished Reading two great Books, the new one by Robert B Parker, "High Profile" and by JD Robb, which is Nora Roberts, "Innocent in Death." Both are up to snuff with these authors! I know, I know, I need to knit instead!


I wrote a letter to the CEO of Joann.com about how they handle their returns. I told her that I would never shop in their stores or online ever again and I encourage others to boycott them too. I said she needed to revamp how her company handles returns that it shouldn't take 8 weeks to get a return for something. I am at 4 weeks now for a return that they received on Jan 29th in the early morning. It is ridiculous that it takes that long and the last email I got when I complained, which was a week ago, they said the warehouse didn't have my return yet. Where the heck is it than, Timbuktu???? As I said before, if there is any chance that what you buy from Joann.com could need to be returned think long and hard before even purchasing something from them. They're none to speeding shipping stuff out either, in my opinion.



I worked for 2 hours cleaning the deck and patio furniture and bbq grill. I got all the fall leaves left over blown out, the deck washed down, the patio furniture and grill out, set up and cleaned off so I am now ready for the summer months to get here. We have 26 weeks from today that we leave on Vacation to Vegas and I absolutely can't wait!



Well, I see by the old tick tock it is time to go out and get that walk in!

Everyone have a great Wednesday! It is going to be a beautiful day here.


Donna



No comments: