Friday, February 2, 2007

I Spoke too Soon....

Snow Looks like we got a couple inches of snow last night. I am going to have to get shoes on and go out and test the waters so to speak to see if I can walk around ok without slipping. Since I dislocated my knee several years ago, I have to be really careful of slipping because it will pop out and then I have a real mess. If it is just snow and not ice, I should be ok and it is supposed to warm up later in the day so maybe by my weigh in time the snow will have melted anyway and it will be just wet. I really don't want to miss weigh in today.

I have gone into my last skein of yarn for the blanket and am not going to buy more so I only have a half and one more full pattern than the seed stitch border and I am finished. Maybe by the first of the week. I doubt I get anything done tomorrow with Thomas being here all day and we will be away from the house most of the day with him.

Jack liked the Fiesta Steak, me, not so much. It was ok with salsa and lowfat sour cream on it though. It had too much lime taste and none of the spices came out in it at all. I make tweak the recipe if I fix it again and tone down the lime and up the cumin and cayenne a bit. You didn't notice the tequila at all. Tonight is Hungarian Goulash with no yolk noodles for dinner. Jack is on a beef kick lately, but sooner or late he is going to have to eat the chicken, turkey breast and fish that is in the freezer!

I have about 4 inches done on the front of my dd's sweater. I don't know what I did wrong as I went back over the pattern a zillion times, but in the picture it shows the faux buttonhole band as on her right side, but knitted up the pattern makes it come out on the left side. No biggy as it doesn't change any of the pattern results, but it is weird. I checked my garter stitch bottom and it is right number of rows, then the pattern with the buttonband starts the next row, which is the right side and it starts with a knit row. I also checked to make sure I wasn't supposed to put the band at the beginning of the row, but it says to knit to last 6 stitches, place marker then knit to the end so??????? I have still got a long way to go on it. I have the rest of the front, then both sleeves to knit, the sewing up and then picking up and knitting the neckline then sewing on the buttons.

Well, I should be able to buy my Pilot airline tickets for our vacation by next week this time. We always feel our vacation is truly on its way when we have the airline tickets. Since we fly first class, I have to wait for the tax refund to buy the tickets. I cleaned out our savings when Jack was on medical leave with his heart operation and have to start over with that. I am just glad the money was there to pay the bills and our living expenses for 3 months while he went without pay. Anyway, we are excited about getting out air tickets. I have to wait until the end of April to buy the show tickets. We are going to go see the Beatles' inspired Cirque du Soleil show, Love and then the terrific impersonator, Danny Ganns. I would like to go to a concert, but there is no one I want to see going to be in town. I could care less about Celine Dion, Manilow's tickets are too expensive as are Elton John's if he is still there. We talked about going and seeing Phantom, which has a new theater at the Venetian built especially for it, but I don't know that we will. Lots to squeeze into one week and we go about 3-4 days longer than most people do.

I am off to finish up morning chores than knit until Jack gets up for work.

Ahh, the weekend......Donna

2 comments:

MarDi said...

You're going to see Cirque de Soleil's "Love"! I'm so envious!! I got the "Love" cd for Christmas, (actually, I received two), so I play one while I'm knitting and the other is in my car. The music is fantastic, and I listen to it all the time!

Be careful out there in the snow, and good luck with your weigh-in!

Oh, forgot to answer your question about who would be receiving the baby things I've made. It's for a family member who's expecting a baby girl the first week in March. :)

Have a good day, Donna!

Unknown said...

I wish we could get some of your snow. It was 86 here today and very humid. We are certainly having some screwy weather. Sounds like you will be having some fun with Thomas tomorrow. I look forward to seeing the blanket!