Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Baby's Getting Closer

I believe we have 104 days until our new grandson's arrival. That is unless he is early or late! We talked to our son and dil yesterday and everything is going well. She said they are having trouble finding a hall to have the shower and she thought about having it at their home, but boy, I think that would be a mistake. Her bridal shower was in an apartment complex clubhouse and we were packed to the brim and their house is really not all that big. Whatever they end up doing, I know it will be fun. We are looking forward to what we call a "road trip." Because of Jack's heart problems last year we didn't go anywhere and are used to a few little trips then a vacation every year so we have been having cabin fever for quite awhile.

It sure is beautiful here. It only got into the 50's last night and I just came down and let the dog out and it is nice outside. It isn't cold or doesn't even feel the least bit chilly. I can hear the wind chimes outside though so that means the wind is up a bit.

I am almost to the point of putting half the stitches on straights to finish up the ribbon sweater. I felt so bad yesterday I didn't work on anything at all. I have to get on the stick and get the stuff done though so I have it for vacation. We only have 6 months until we go to Vegas. I do have the peach sweater about 1/4 of the way complete and am pretty much halfway with the ribbon sweater so I am doing well, I just have to keep it up so I can have enough time to get everything done I want to do.

I am hoping the clothing I bought comes in this week. I bought a cute big shirt, but they canceled my order saying it was out of stock. I had bought a mock turtleneck to go under it and now all I will have is the turtleneck, which I am not sure I want without the shirt. BUMMER!

WW is coming along ok. I am having some real hormone issues this week and everytime this happens I seem to always be hungry, but I have stayed in my points pretty much except for one day going over like 3. You have 35 extra per week to draw from, but I really don't like to use them.

Nothing much else going on here. We got the plumbing fixed, but he recommended a total rebuild of the faucets because of their age and that would be $500, which we can't afford right now after spending so much getting the car in shape. As it was, it cost us $175. I feel like this ole condo is falling down around our ears.

Everyone have a spectacular Tuesday and hopefully you are finally getting a warm up too!

Donna

No comments: