Thursday, February 1, 2007

Take This Snow and Shovel it....

Well, that isn't exactly true, it is more like sleet here and there, but it is still icky weather. I waited for Jack to get to work and call me and tell me how the streets and such are so I could either go out and walk or do the treadmill. WooHoo! He said the streets were a little wet but not slippery or icy so I should be ok. Unless it gets bad tonight, I have weigh in tomorrow, which I am excited about. Back in a few....Waiting Ok, I got back from my walk and it isn't bad out at all. A little wet, but no slippery or icy spots that I could see. This town sure does panic when there is a threat of any cold precipitation. They had all the possible school closing boxes up last night talking about how school would probably be closed and businesses etc. Sheesh! I walk past a group of junior high kids pretty much every morning and we always say hi to each other. This morning I said to them, "Well, I guess you didn't get to get out of school today, huh? Weather not bad enough." They are nice kids not ugly acting.


I have the back of my dd's sweater finally finished. I think it came out ok.


I have started on front and am about at the end of a skein so I went ahead and rolled it and about 3 feet from where my stitch was is a big area about 4-5 inches long where the yarn didn't spin correctly and it is just lumps of fuzz. Luckily, I was able to finish a row then cut and tie back on again. I would like to get it finished so I can work on my vacation tops. I only got 4 rows done yesterday on the blanket so have to make up for it today. I worked a lot on the sweater to finish the back side. I think I am going to be putting 13 patterns on the blanket to finish. I say that because I counted the horizontal hearts and there are 9 so I am going to go 1 1/2 for the vertical hearts. I really want this more as a crib blanket not one to wrap him in as it is pretty heavy.
We are having Fiesta Steak tonight. I have never made this so we shall see. It has garlic, cumin, cayenne, lime juice and TEQUILA in the marinade...... Cheers I will let you know how it tastes! I am going to make some spanish rice to go with it. We should have had fish or chicken tonight, but Jack didn't want either so beef it is.
I had these women at the WW site all ragging on me because I have made myself a lbs goal. I want to lose 60 lbs by the time we go on vacation the end of August. That is only 2 lbs a week plus a smidge more. That is not unreasonable or way out there but they said you shouldn't make weight loss goals just work day to day and I say bologna!!! If you don't make a goal, you won't work hard enough to reach it is my way of thinking. I definitely am not going to post at that thread anymore. Phooey on them!
Music NoteWhen you wish upon a starMusic Note.....you should get all the Malabrigo you want!
Donna (sorry about it all being run together. I can't get it to paragraph again.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Donna~
Sounds like we have some pretty smart cats. My female will "fetch" her catnip toy and if she feels like it she will "sit up" for my son. The dog, however, is hopeless. He will sit occasionally but "Stay" is out of the question.
I hope you can find the Outlander. You will love Elizabeth I! I really like your dd's sweater. I am anxious to see the blanket. Where did you find the blanket pattern?
Have a great day and if you can't walk.....Dance!

MarDi said...

No precipitation here today, but we're expecting a mini-storm tomorrow, but only a couple of inches of snow.

Your dd's sweater looks great! I really love the color, pretty and golden. :)

Fiesta steak with tequila! I've never had tequila, imagine! But any marinade made with liquor always sounds delicious to me. The recipe sounds yummy!

I agree with you about setting goals, I think it's necessary to have something to focus on. If I don't set goals for myself, I don't get anywhere very well. Besides, you're doing so well, it's obviously what works for you.

Hope you're having a wonderful day! (Oh, and do get "Outlander" if you can, it's fantastic...and "Elizabeth I" is wonderful, you'll love it)!