Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Doing the Finished Sweater Happy Dance!

Yep, it is done, finally. I am posting two pictures as I couldn't get the front view to look very good.

I actually didn't have any problems setting in the sleeves, I had a horrible time with the neckline and the darn buttons. I couldn't manuever the sweater to keep the buttons in place and straight. I finally got an ispiration and I told Jack I was "Wiley E Coyote SUUPPPPEEERRR Genius." (do you remember the Roadrunner cartoons when he used to say that when he would come up with an idea for getting the roadrunner?) Anyway, I took my embroidery thread and instead of splitting it, used the whole strand, wove it through the four button holes twice to make is strong, then left a tail. I positioned the button, used a crochet hook to pull the tail through the knit stitches then secured them through the back. That way they are fairly straight. I also had a heck of a time with the neckline, but got than one all figured out too. As for the neckline, I had an unravel problem and don't you know it was in the front, but I figured out how to get it straightened out and finally got the stitches picked up and knitted. A tip for those of you sweater novices, use a crochet hook to go under the bound off, or whatever stitch, wrap you thread around the hook and pull through. Now you have your picked up and knitted stitch. Do 4-5 then transfer to the needle you are going to use. I find the crochet hook works easier than trying to get the needle underneath in tight spots.


I now can go on with getting my own stuff knitted. I will be anxious to see how the peach sleeveless comes out. It looks pretty on the needles.

Sounds like it is raining and so it is treadmill for me today. I missed Friday's, Sunday and Monday walking so I am behind and need to get my behind in gear if I want to show a loss of some kind on Friday. I have to average 2 lbs a week to be able to get in my capris and pants for vacation. Not one pair fits and I have like 10 pairs of capris, 4 of bermuda style shorts and 3-4 cotton or linen style pants. I found some gorgeous tops in a couple of the large ladies catalogues that I may get and this to die for pants set. My handbag should be here today so I am going to have Jack hide it so I won't be tempted to use it before vacation.




I have everything done on the car but the tires and I am waiting for my 2 new rims to come in before I take it to get tires. I am a little bummed because we paid $25 to get the current tire patched on Sunday. I guess when they took the tires off to look at the brakes they found a nail in the tire. It isn't surprising out where Jack works, but it is irritating to have to pay money right before they are being desposed of. Better that then a flat on the side of the road though.




Everyone have a spectacular day. I am going to hop up and do some chores before Jack gets up in just a few minutes.

Donna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The sweater looks gorgeous! What kind of yarn did you use? You are really inspiring me.

MarDi said...

Oh my, Donna, it's stunning!! It looks perfect in every way, I'm sure your dd will love it, the lucky girl! I have used Bernat Satin before, and I loved it. It's so soft and a joy to work with.

Have a lovely day!