Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I finished the baby's overalls and I think they turned out pretty cute. They were an easy knit up, though I think the directions were made harder than they needed to and I did find a mistake in them that someone who wasn't paying attention or a beginner who followed directions explicitly might miss. The only thing bad is that the straps curl because they are stockinette and the yarn is stretchy so the straps pull a bit. I included the little shoes I bought to go with the outfit.

I bought two mock turtlenecks to go with a big shirt I bought and they came yesterday. They were huge even for me, so back they go. I decided it is warming up and so I didn't reorder. Besides, I am hoping I have no idea how much weight I will have lost for next winter to waste money on them so I just decided to get a refund.
We only have a month until the baby shower and I am so excited to be able to go to Indiana and see friends and my son and dil. It is only going to be a short weekend, but we haven't seen the kids since they were here in Oct after Jack's surgery. I am looking forward to the shower. I do have to go out and shop for it on Friday though. We decided to take all the stuff I knitted and the outfit I bought and then buy a big two handle laundry basket which I will make big bows for and then fill it with all the little stuff on her registry she didn't get since the bigger stuff has been bought by people. That way we don't have to transport and since I am probably going to be taking my dd's gift to them we may need the extra room, though we have a huge trunk and backseat and we aren't taking Fortune with us. They have 2 dogs and 2 cats and with all the people, we think it will be way to hectic for him. He tends to be a nervous little thing.
On to chores this morning and a shower. I hear Jack is up and in the shower so I have to get a move on.
Donna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The overalls are really adorable and you're right; the little shoes are a perfect match! I love your idea for the shower gifts in a basket. Our weather is warming up as well and they are forecasting mid to high 80's for us by week's end.
Have a great day!

Lion's Paw said...

The overalls are really cute! It looks like it will be comfortable for the baby to wear, too. I love the "doggie" theme. We're snow covered, cold and foggy here. No sun in sight, but spring's a'coming.