Monday, February 12, 2007

When is a sweater not a sweater....

When the knitter has been stalling putting it together! I have got it pressed now so I have no excuse not to sew it up. I just want it to look really nice so I am nervous about putting in the sleeves so I have been stalling. I do have the first sleeve finished and I don't think it is too bad for a first attempt. IT has a bit of puckering, but I think I will get better with each sweater I do. I also want to make Jack's birthday present (his new I-Pod) a little case for him to put it in so it doesn't get scratched, but before I do that or knit on other stuff, I want to get the sweater finished up.



This weekend was a whirlwind of errands and car repair stuff so I did get to walk on Saturday, but never made it out yesterday. I cleaned the downstairs though and walked all over nasty Walmart to get a tv they had on sale for the guest bedroom and stuff to clean the leather and such inside the car. When I was still working, I kept the car spotless, but Jack has slobbed it all up with spilled drinks etc so it is a mess and I am going to try and get it cleaned up today. It is supposed to rain this morning so my nice car wash will go out the window. I will probably just take it back tomorrow and redo it if the rain passes out of our area.



I have to go and order the rims this morning than wait until they come in before I go and get new tires on the car, I think they said about 3 days. We will then have it in great shape to take to Indiana the end of next month for the shower. I am so glad Jack decided to go with me. It is a long drive to do by yourself, about 10 hours of straight driving not counting restroom, food, and gas breaks, etc so it usually takes about 12. I am going to make sandwiches and take the little 100 cal snacks instead of fast food stopping on the trip. It will keep up in our points. We aren't going to eat out all three meals while we are up there either. We can get a few supplies and eat at my son's house as much as we can.



I bought me some new sandals/shoes for vacation. I had bought a pair of white Clark sandals, but wanted at least one more pairs so I bought these from Land's End. I now have different styles for different outfits. The whole thing with Vegas is walking all the time so you have to have decent shoes to do so and they are all good supportive walking shoes.







I guess I better get going. Jack will be up in a minute.


Have a good start of the week everyone and keep dry and warm!


Donna


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the sweater looks great, I'd never guess it was your first attempt. Hope you got all the "car stuff" accomplished with minimal headache.