Thursday, February 8, 2007

Here's my Fort Knox!


His favorite place to snooze is in, under, or over the sofa pillows, which I made, btw! Mardi, I am no competition for your sewing prowess, I made these using Stitch Witchery! Eyebrow From the comment lionspaw left, I guess I will be glad his teeth cleaning is only $121!

I am almost through 2 weeks of WW and dang I had better see some lbs down this week as I worked by Butt Danceoff. I have a friend who is around 380 lbs and lost 8 lbs the first week and 1.5 the second and doesn't exercise. Sheesh! I am about 30 lbs lighter and walk a mile everyday and can only eek out a lb. I am not complaining exactly, just a tad frustrated. We shall see what happens tomorrow as it is weigh in. My dear sweet husband is down another 2 lbs so I am thrilled for him.

I have the rest of the sleeve to finish then I am done knitting my dd's sweater and can put it together. As this is payday week, I do all my shopping, errands and such tomorrow and Saturday then clean the downstairs on Sunday so don't know if I will get to it until Monday, but I am going to try. I want to get it done. I see that I have 2 skeins of the camel left and part of another. It looks like I am also going to have extra with my peach sleeveless sweater so I found this super easy no button cardigan and I think instead of using the pattern they have for the body of the sweater, I will do it in straight stockinette stitch and put in some camel stripes or even use bigger needles and combine one strand of camel and one of peach and make myself sort of a set for vacation. It can get a little cool in the evenings in Vegas and a sweater would be nice.


We got Flags from Iwo Jima last night and I am anxious to see if it is as good at the Letters from Iwo Jima, which was superb. I am on a long waiting list for Elizabeth I so it may be awhile before I get to see that one. I am anxious to see it though. Has anyone seen "The Queen?" I hear Helen Mirren is pretty spectacular in that too.

Jack will be up in a mo' so I better go. Have a great one today!

Donna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The photo of Fortune is too adorable. There is nothing cuter than seeing our pets, cats and dogs, find a comfortable place and position to snooze. They choose the oddest places, don't they? I have a large wooden salad bowl that was once left empty on the table, I came home one day to find my female cat curled up in the bowl fast asleep! I will try and find the picture and post it.

MarDi said...

Awww, what a sweetheart Fortune is, you just want to pick him up and give him a cuddle!

My yellow Lab, Dylan, has the greatest knack of making himself comfy, making a "nest" out of the pillows on the sofa and snoozing the day away. He's a big couch potato!

I haven't seen The Queen yet and I'm anxiously waiting for it to come out on DVD. (Especially after seeing Elizabeth I)!