Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Slowly but Surely...

I now have the front and back of dd's sweater finished and will start on the sleeves today. I sure hope I can do a good job on seaming. If anyone has a trick to making sure the sweater is seamed evenly, I am all for it. I am thinking about getting some plastic clothes pins, doll clothes pins, if I can find them and putting the seams together so I don't get them off kilter. Anyway, here is the front and back finished.



I never did get out and walk yesterday. I did a very few minutes of weights but that is it. By the time I got going it had gotten fairly late and I cannot walk later in the morning. My body just does not want to do it. I am going to have to get out in just a few and get it done today.


Another lowfat recipe to try:


Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits, lowfat style (WW pts 2 per biscuit)


3/4 c Heart Smart Biscuick

2 tablespoon margarine (make sure it is cold)

1/2 c fat free cheddar cheese grated

3/8 c skim milk

1/8 tsp garlic powder

topping on biscuits: when they come out of the oven and are hot, spray I Can't Believe it's not Butter spray on each and shake a little garlic powder over the top alternate method, melt tablespoon lowfat margarine and sprinkle 1/4 tsp garlic powder than brush on top of biscuits

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

mix butter and biscuick together so that it looks like peas or chunky cornmeal, add cheese, milk and garlic powder mixing gently. Don't mix too well.

drop by 1/4 cup of mix onto ungreased cookie sheet (an ice cream scoop is perfect for this) and bake 15-17 minutes until the tops are light brown. Don't bake too long.

When removed, follow the rest of the directions for topping biscuits and serve hot.


Tonight is Fish and lowfat mac and cheese night with the biscuits. Jack hates fish so I try and get at least one serving in every other week for him. He will eat shrimp and salmon and that is it. I found these salmon pieces by Gortons that are lemon pepper and he likes then so I make one of those. I don't care much for salmon except made as patties so I am having an individual can of tuna mixed into my mac and cheese for dinner.


I have started my sweater and I love the color. I am fair skinned and my hair is turning white now and since I have quit coloring it to see if it will be all white, the color will look really good on me. I have a great pair of white sail cloth pants that I am hoping my behind will fit into before vacation so I can wear this sweater with it.


Other than that, my world is rather boring. Have a good Tuesday to you all!
Anxiously waiting for my tax refund to be in the bank... Money Money Money 3 Donna





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love both of the sweaters. I would like to try and make something that I can actually wear. Were these patterns difficult?
Hope all is well, it's cold in Fla., too!

MarDi said...

The sweaters are beautiful!

I'm the same way about exercising, it has to be first thing in the morning for me or I get caught up with other things. Hope you had a good walk today to make up for yesterday.

Too cold for walking here, but I did get on the treadmill. :)