Wednesday, February 7, 2007

It Costs How Much?????

When I had Fortune get his yearly exam and his shots a month ago, the doctor wrote that he needed his teeth cleaned. I figured it would cost me about $60 or so. They had stamped on his sheet that February is Pet Dental Health month and it is 15% off dental work and cleaning so thought I would go ahead and save some money and get it done. He is 6 years old and hasn't ever had it done so I thought it best. I called the vet's office, told her who I was and what I wanted. She asked me how much Fortune weighed and I said 12 lbs. She excused herself and came back on the phone and said with the discount it was going to be $121!!!!!! Shock 5 Dang, I am glad I don't have a St Bernard or something I would have to sell Jack! Lol
So, to the "dentist" he goes on Friday morning. Money 3 He looks way too happy about spending my money!

I ripped out most of the sleeve for dd's sweater yesterday. I didn't feel I had the increases evenly spaced so I will try again today I guess. I just want to get it done and sewn up now. The problem is purling an increase. I am having problems with that one and may end up having to increase on a purl row so I am going to have to work on it.

I get AARP magazine as I am an Grandma and they had a great article in there on Helen Mirren. I guess she was a pistol in her youth and did lots of roles other woman wouldn't have touched. It said she is just a bit of a rebel with a refined manner. I guess the costumes she wore for Elisabeth the I were so heavy they damaged the muscles in her back so now she is on muscle relaxers to help with that. The things you do for your craft!

Not much else going on in my world today. It IS 52 degrees out at 3:30 in the morning, but the Freezing is supposed to bottom out this morning to around 38 for a high. It is better than the below zero temps some are getting so I won't complain.

Remember a week from today! 3D Cupid Do something special for the one you love!

Donna

2 comments:

MarDi said...

Wow, and that was with 15% off too! Yet another reason for Fortune's name being Fortune! lol

The cast-on increases I've had to do on the little jacket have all been on the purl side. Are they cast-on increases that you have to make or just stitch increases? If so, it became much easier after the first several that I made. But I was wishing that they had occurred on the knit side!

Interesting article on Helen Mirren. Have you seen Elizabeth I yet? If you haven't you will have a treat in store, it's simply wonderful!

Lion's Paw said...

We had our dog, Amy's teeth done in the fall. It was $270!!! They had to pull teeth and that's why it cost more. I about fell over. I've got to find a copy of the Helen Mirren article. I'm a big Elizabeth I fan.