Friday, February 23, 2007

Boredom set in so.....

I found these cute baby overalls to knit and am making LJ a pair. I had 2 skeins of the camel yarn from my dd's sweater left so am using that, then went online and bought little brown bones for the straps and a bigger button of a dog's face for the bib. I searched online and found these cute little baby shoes caled Pedoodles that were dogs and bought them and will get a tshirt to match when I finish the overalls. I have one leg finished and have started the other one so it won't take long to whip it up. I got bored with both the sweaters and needed a breather from them and this was perfect.

We have decided to wait until we get to Indiana then go to the stores that have my dil's baby registry and buy all the little under $10 things left on her lists. I am going to buy a big 2 handle clothes basket, put in a bunch of tissue paper then scrunch up some new baby crib sheets over the top and fill it with all this stuff plus, the baby blanket I made, the Oshkosh outfit we bought, the sweater, hat and booties I made and this little overall set. We were going to buy them the stroller baby carseat combo, but someone beat us to it, probably her mom and sisters. I will get come pretty ribbon and make some big bows for each handle and I think that will be it.

If you ever need an extra bed, go online to Overstock.com and get one of their "air" beds. It is like an Aerobed and they are terrific. We got a queen size full bed height one for like $160 including shipping. We pumped it up last night in the living room and laid on it and it is quite comfortable, actually. We are going to be deligated to the basement to sleep, which creeps me out, but it is the only space they have. This will be fine for us to use while we are there. We only have 5 weeks until we get to go and I am very excited about seeing the kids and our friends.

If you haven't seen it yet, rent "The Lake House." What a great chick movie! I really loved it. I sat and watched it yesterday afternoon when I got tired of knitting, (I can't knit and do anything else like watch tv.) It is a terrific movie.

Also, go out and get Danielle Steel's books Sisters and read it. It is really good too.

Today is WW weigh in so we shall see if I am down a lb or not. I seem to be over the female stuff, thank goodness so I hope my hormones are back on track.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend. I will post the overalls as soon as I have them finished and the buttons on and such.

Donna

No comments: