Thursday, February 22, 2007

Forever in Blue Jeans......

That is an old Neil Diamond song and though I would like to say I am forever in blue jeans, fact is, I just bought the first pair I have ever owned. When I was a teenager, you didn't wear them much and because I was a size 18 you couldn't even buy them for my size back then. I haven't ever been able to find them to fit me that I could afford as our money was always tight and the kids always had to come first. Nowadays, I am so large that finding some that would fit hasn't been possible. I finally found some and got them cheap! The had them on sale from $40 down to $10 and I bought three pair. They were petite Laughboy what an oxymoron that is, but it just meant they were shorter. I am 5'7", but have extremely short legs. They got here yesterday and fit, but as usual, the waist is huge because my butt is so big and the legs are baggy for the same reason. Neither of those is a problem, but they are shorter in the stride where I am longer so they sit low on my hips. Jack says the solution is a belt so I guess I am going to have to try and find one to fit me, maybe at a big and tall men's store. I love having jeans. It is so cool! Makes me feel more like everyone else.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I have felt so crummy all this week that I hope I haven't gained just from hormonal stuff. I guess we shall see.

I am still making progress with my tops. I now have one side of the ribbon top on straight needles to finish it up, then will do the other side and sew it together. I am a little more than halfway done on the back for the peach sweater too. I got a book (Sister, by Danielle Steel) from my book club day before yesterday and sat and read it most of the day instead of knitting yesterday. Bad girl!

It is short and sweet today. I am still a bit under the weather. Hopefully it will get better today!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Donna

No comments: