Friday, February 16, 2007

Sometimes, the Best Thing you can do is Knit!

Isn't it nice to have a relaxing hobby to do when you are stressed, mad or whatever? I know that I try and pick up my knitting when I am stressed. It keeps ME from eating for one thing. I am a total boredom eater too and am working hard to keep myself busy and not get bored. Knitting is the ticket there too. It keeps my mind and hands busy. If I am stressed in anyway, I knit something that is repetitive, ie my one top on circs that is just round and round without having to keep track. If I am bored, I knit something I have to keep track of because they I can't think of food and keep track of stitch patterns or whatever. I have started shying away from posting on a knitting site my pictures of finished projects. Since they are simple and not complicated, I usually get a couple comments, usually from a moderator, while those who venture into laces, entrelac, intarsia and the like get a lot more. Like I have said before, you don't ever have to be an expert knitter. You may never be an expert, may never venture much out of the box, but that is ok. Knitting is about pleasure for yourself not others and I think that is why I am not posting pictures on KH anymore. Stupid as it is, it makes me feel inadequate if there isn't much interest in what I am doing and it shouldn't ever be that way. I love the site, but there are a lot of knitting snobs on that site, which I think is sad. Those that knit simple caps, scarves or socks, should be the ones that are more encouraged about their work. Well, that is my opinion anyway, for what it is worth. Knitting is about you and no one else no matter who the project is being done for. I share my work not for praise, but to show others that they can do it too. I always try to include a note saying it is an easy pattern or whatever so that someone who would like to make a sweater for example knows that someone with the same skill level as they has done it and it isn't just the pattern's "opinion" that it is easy.

I am dong well on the top I have on circs. It is coming right along. I was knitting along this morning talking to Jack about vacation and such and didn't notice I had used up the whole card of yarn! Whoops! Hate It When That Happens I was just so involved in our conversation I didn't realize I was that close to the end. No worries though. I have enough to tie into the next one.

Today is weigh in day so I hope I see another loss. Jack weighed this morning and is down another 2 lbs for the week and last weekend when we went out he finished my dessert, which I only took one bite of so hopefully I will see a lb loss anyway.

I have to go pick up those golden rim caps today too. I hope they come in this morning so I can go and pick them up then swing around to my WW meeting. I sure hope it isn't a snooze meeting again. I have to tell you it isn't all that exciting. Mainly because I have been dieting for years and know all the information like needing to exercise, body versus self image, eating proper foods etc. I didn't go to last week's meeting, but I will stay this week.

I have a funny story to tell. I have a couple pants outfits that are what they called Slinky knits. They are this stretchy knitted fabric with a shine to it. Well, I wore a pair of the pants yesterday and went to get into the car and almost slipped out of the seat! I forgot that the first of the week I had gone out and cleaned the inside of the car, washed windows, armoraled the dashboard and such and used leather cleaner on our leather seats and steering wheel! They seats and steering wheel were slick from cleaning and with the pants fabric, made them slippery.

I see it is 6:20, which means putting on Sneaker 3 and getting out into the Freezing Cold and getting my walk in. It is supposed to warm up to 50 and then gradually warm into the 60's by next week so hopefully spring is just around the corner.

For my blogging friends, Weekend 1 !!!

Donna

No comments: