Saturday, February 3, 2007

Hallelujah, it is Finished!!!




We ended up picking up Thomas at his other grandma's around 8:45 and then took him to Walmart's as it was pretty much the only thing open. We let him pick a video game, then we got gas and headed downtown to Jillian's. I figured it opened at 10 but when we got there it didn't open until 11 so we got some Starbucks and sat and waited for a few minutes than walked down out the mall and down the street to Big Foot Lodge. We had a nice time at lunch culminating with making smores at the table, which is always fun. Our little guy tears up when he laughs, everytime and he got a piece of melted marshmallow string down his chip and a larger piece on his upper lip that he kept trying to drag off with his teeth and tongue. The harder he tried the worse it got and mostly because we got to laughing about it. He finally stuck his finger up there and pulled it off etc, but by that time his little eyes were streaming from laughing so hard. We then went back to Jillians and they played games and I had taken my bag of knitting so I started knitting and finished my blanket except for binding off. Thomas and Granddad had a grand time and I accomplished getting the blanket finished. We came home around 2:30 and played games until his mom and dad picked him up at 4. I had bought Scrabble Junior and we played that and he may be smart as a whip, but he is a typical 6 year old acting silly about words. We did another laughing/crying thing when he was acting silly and ask us if E-P made a word and I told him it was the word for going to the bathroom backwards, EEE-PEE instead of PEE PEE. Oh my gosh, the child laughed and laughed. It was a wonderful time and the only thing that marred it was this. His mom sent $30 along to use for him. Everytime we would go to buy something he would ask it if was his money and we would tell him no that it was Granddad's money we were spending. I told him we would save his money to play video games, which seemed ok with him. When we got to Jillians and we were going to use his money to buy a game card, he started to cry so I told Jack just to pay for it and I told him that we would just save his money. When they got finished, Granddad told him, "Put the two game cards in your pocket with your money and next time you come down here with your mom and dad you have money on them to play and just keep your money with it." Well, we were going to tell his mom that he had game card time left on both his and Granddad's card and the money he "had left" in his coat pocket, but when they were getting ready to leave, he pulled it out. She looked at me and I said he had cried when we wanted to use it and she got mad and said, "Uh-uh, that isn't your money, give it to Nonny. I gave it to Nana to give to her." Of course, he started crying that it was his and she said no it wasn't it was hers and took it away from him. He kept saying it was his that she had given it to him and she was saying no that she gave it to Nana to give to me, etc, etc. I cannot stand to see him cry and I got upset but she told me to "Stop it." Anyway, it became a big issue, and she still gave the money to me, which of course, I didn't want. I adore that baby so much and it kills me to see him cry. I do understand that she thinks he uses tears to get what he wants, but anytime I see him cry, it is because it really is that he is upset about whatever the situation is. He had a tender heart and things easily upset him, bless his heart. I am not mad at my dd as she did what she thought was best, but I am still upset this all made him cry when I didn't want the money back. I do think that because he is so incredibly intelligent that she forgets she is dealing with the way a 6 year old thinks. He is an adorable child and extremely well behaved, but he is still a 6 year old little boy with 6 year old antics.




I have no clue as to why I am up at 1 in the morning. I went to bed around 9 or so last night as I had been up since three yesterday morning. I woke up around 12:30 went to the bathroom and was awake so decided to come downstairs for a bit. I don't want to sleep in because I missed exercise on Friday with WW and then on Saturday because we were supposed to have T at around 7 but that got goofed up and instead of dropping him off, we ended up having to go and get him later because he had stayed all night at his other grandparents. So, with the junk we had yesterday and the fact I didn't walk for two days, I need to get out and get a good walk in this morning before I start cleaning house and such. We are going to tackle those upstairs carpets and Jack does that, but he needs help moving the furniture in the bedroom. Anyway, I don't want to be sleeping at 9 o'clock so I can't stay up very long and hope I can go back to sleep.




I guess I should go back to bed and try to go back to Dreaming only I think my dream would be




I will have to talk to you ladies sometime about how you knit a blanket on circs and make the pattern come out ok since using the garter stitch makes a stockinette stitch on circs and I guess I can't get my mind around how you knit on circs and have a flat blanket instead of a tube.



Donna

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The blanket is awesome and well worth the wait! I can see why it would have taken so long to complete. Where did you find the pattern?
Sounds like your day with your grandson was fun! I always liked playing Scrabble, too!

MarDi said...

The blanket is beautiful and well worth all the hard work! I love the heart pattern, it makes it so special.

Sounds like great fun with Thomas, and its so nice that you had some time to finish the blanket as well.

I hope you were able to catch up on your sleep last night. I was late to bed myself and had a hard time staying asleep when I did go to bed, just one of those nights.

Good luck with the Colts, will you be watching the game?

MarDi said...

A surprise, oooh, I can't wait! I can't imagine what it could be!

I'll be here in the morning, but then I visit your blog every morning. :)

MarDi said...

Oops, I forgot to congratulate you on the Colts win! I was cheering for the Bears, (the Colts being one of our main arch rivals here in New England), but I'm happy for all the Colts fans who must be in 7th heaven after so many years since a Superbowl win!