Thursday, February 15, 2007

When to be Happy with the Weather you have...

I was grousing a bit yesterday when I went out to walk because it was really cold outside and I had to do part of my walk into the wind. It started a bit of snowing just as I reached home and I was chilled to the bone by the time I got inside. Well, I thanked my lucky stars when my sister called. She lives in South Bend and was out of school for the day. I guess on Tuesday they had blizzard conditions, got 3 feet of snow in one day and it is below zero windchill there. I saw on the weather that they are supposed to get more snow today. I worry about my son and dil. He works 2 hours away in Chicago, which is a mess too and with her being pregnant, I worry about her getting to work safely. She is a pharmacist for a big chain, sort of like Walmart up north and has to walk from the parking lot everyday.

We are plugging along with WW. Don't you just want to kick yourself when you haven't done something and when you do, you find it is the best thing you ever did? WW has turned out that way for us. I guess it really does help to have both of us doing it as there are not extra meals to cook and such we both eat the same thing. Tonight is homemade beef stew and corn muffins. Thought it would be good cold weather fare.

I frogged out my ribbon sweater start completely, cast it on again, knit a couple rows and transferred to circs. I think this super easy pattern will lend itself fine to circs and it is sure easier to knit with them, especially when the dog AND cat decide they need to cuddle with you on the chair. Butterscotch is so big and insists on sitting practically on my chest so I am sitting there knitting yesterday with my hands in the air. He knows he only gets one warning about chewing on the yarn/ribbon then down he goes so he has been pretty good about not fooling with it. Fortune, God love him just lays between my legs (I sit in the recliner and put up the foot rest) and sleeps. Butterscotch seems to think I need entertainment so he "talks" to me a lot, mostly because he wants me to mess with his ears. I am the only one he allows to mess with his face at all and loves for me to pet him around his face and ears.

I am not going to have enough ribbon yarn for the sweater, but I can order it online, though not at Joann.com. I am never ordering from them again. It is impossible to get your refund. It took me 6 weeks and a huge amount of threatening to finally get my refund for the first box I sent. I still haven't gotten a refund on the other stuff and it has been over a month. It is ridiculous to have to wait that long for a refund. I don't know how the warehouse is run, but it is obviously not done well. I will just pay more somewhere else. So, beware of ordering from this site and pass it on. If you aren't absolutely sure of what you are buying get it somewhere else.

These early morning wake ups have got to stop. I am waking up at 1-3 in the morning and not being able to go back to sleep. I have everything all jumbled around now because I am so tired I fall asleep really early so....
Wake Up

Yesterday was the anniversary of Jack's mother's death. It has been a long time, 18 years, but he really misses his parents still. They both died very young (early 50's) and my fil only saw my son until he was two and died before my dd was ever born. My son was the light of my mil's eye and she adored that boy. Luckily, he was in high school when she passed so he got to spend summers with her on and off. Today would have been my parents anniversary and the 20th is the day Jack ask me to marry him. The man carried my engagement ring around in his glove compartment for months trying to get the courage to ask me! He proposed in the middle of a driving snowstorm that was so bad, he couldn't pull to the side of the road, but sat right on the highway in the dark, with the lights of the car off no less to propose! Now that is a proposal you remember! Here we are 34 years later so I guess it stuck!

Everyone try and keep warm today! It is supposed to get into the 40's but with my luck not until late afternoon so I will freeze walking this morning again.

Donna Teal (update 11:42 AM I just picked up my 2 rims for the car, they had been prepaid to the tune of $250 and are reconditioned not even new, though they look it. Anyway, neither one had the rim cap so I had to go to the dealership and order them and it cost me another $90!!! Now, if we had bought the rims new, they would have cost $450 apiece, so I guess it is still a better deal, but $45 just for the cap to go over the lugnuts, come on! That'll teach me to buy a big car! I decided to run by Krogers and grab me some bottles of Diet Pepsi on the way home and picked up the new Janet Evanovich book, Plum Lovin.' She does such great comedy writing in her books and I got it 25% off so at least something was cheap. Wendy's,which sits in front of Krogers kept calling to me, "Buy some Chili, Buy some Chili" so I did. I got a biggie chili, but didn't have them load it with shredded cheese as normal. I had no clue how many points, a biggie chili was but I thought, I could maybe have at least half a carton as I love their chili. I came home and sat down and looked up the points and YIPPPPEEEEE it is only 6 points so I put a slice of ff cheese in it and 2 packs of crackers with hot sauce and have a great lunch for 8 pts total. I am totally jazzed. I can now have my chili and read my book!)

No comments: