Monday, February 26, 2007

Another project finished

I finished the little overalls and they are so cute. I am waiting to post a picture until I get the buttons to put on them and the little shoes I bought to match. I have to find little doggie socks to go with them. On Saturday, at Walmart of all places, I found the perfect little onesie to go under it. It is baby blue and tan striped and on the left corner is a little dog and it says "puppy love." It looks really cute with the overalls. The only thing I don't like is the straps curl because they are stockinette. I pressed them with a steam iron and pressing cloth and even washed them, but they still curl. The ends of the strap curl up too. I hope the buttons are heavy enough to hold them down some.

I am back to knitting on my sweaters. I now have the back done on the peach one and am starting the front today. I want to get it done and maybe wear it to Indiana IF the weather decides it will warm up. It is very cold, snowy and icy up there at the moment.

We had a spectacular weathr weekend, getting into the 70's at one point. We took the car to get the new tires on and were there before they opened. We were the first customers of the day and after 90 minutes, Jack went to see what the holdup was as other customers that came after us were already gone! Well, first off, the idiot that was doing the job didn't read the service form and put the black temporary rims back on with the new tires even though the guy had written to put the new rims that were in the trunk on. The guy doing the job got mad at Jack when he complained! He had the service bay door open and closed it so Jack couldn't see in, so Jack promptly told the manager he wanted the door open so he could see that the guy didn't screw up again. Secondly, the tires they quoted us on the phone, they didn't have but one, then the tires they substituted for the quoted ones, they didn't have, but they never told us and put on Goodyear instead of Hercule tires, which were $20 apiece more. I was ready to go another round with a service guy like I did with the Firestone guy, but he said it was their mistake and he gave us the original quoted tire price. So, now we have new tires and all matching rims and the car looks nice again.

I had all the menopause issues last week and gained 2.6 lbs. I was so upset I didn't stay for the meeting. I had stayed on my points and walked everyday and knew it had to be hormones, but it upset me even so. I am hoping I am back to normal this week and have taken the overage off and maybe 1 more lb.

My husband's friend at work had his mil pass away this last week. It is really sad. She was only 70 years old, but she had Lou Gehrig's and had been suffering greatly over the past year. So much so, that they had to move her from her home to live with them and they had to build an addition on the house for her. I feel so sorry for Carl and Patty and for little Alex, who is 8. She is better off now, but it is still hard to lose a loved one. I don't usually send flowers in these situations. Most people send plants or flowers and there are always so many to deal with so I always send a food basket. I was glad that 1800flowers delivered it on the same day to them.

Well, my blogging friends, I hope your week has been good to you. Go out and make this one even better!

Donna

No comments: