Sunday, February 11, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

I was on the run all day yesterday. I got up and walked and it was really tough yesterday and I am not sure exactly why. My gluts hurt most of the day, but I figure they got a good workout and were just complaining!

We dropped the car off at Firestone on Friday night and they called Saturday morning to say how much it would cost. We got a quote of $900. We then had to go commissary shopping, which is always fun, but it went ok, came home, unloaded and put away then headed back out. We got a bite to eat at taco bell, staying within pts, went to Circuit City, that was a bust. I didn't want to go in so I sat in the car and listened to music. Jack was in there at least half an hour just to buy a wiring harness to replace our factory installed tape player with the CD player he had installed in our old car and took out. Well, he has to take the car in so they can look and see which harness to sell him. It is going to cost about $50 because the guy says Jack needs two! For some wires, for crying out loud.

We left there and went to Hub Cap Annies to order 2 new rims for our car, but their wholesalers are closed on Saturday so that was a bust. I will have to take it over there on Monday and order them. We were running two for two in the we can't help you department. Then it was back home to wait for them to call and say the car was fixed. At 3:30 they hadn't called so Jack called them. They had it done! Sheesh. Wonder how long it had been sitting finished. Well, we got there and the bill was $1100. Being a big mouth witch I raised cain because they originally said we only needed front shocks that we had an air system in the back (the tech never looked at the car, but went by the fact it was a Grand Marquis and I guess GM's and Lincolns have this system in them. Nope, ours has shocks, but they never called to verify that we wanted them to go ahead and replace the back ones and it would cost another $200. I hate to say it, but Jack is a big wimp. I know he doesn't like it when I interfere, but he was going to let it go and I wouldn't. I said we at least deserved a courtesy call and it was wrong of the tech to assume in the first place so the guy took $100 off the bill. Jack would have paid the whole thing and not said a word.

We took the rental back to the condo and parked it in the garage as we were going to buy a tv to replace the one we had in the guest bedroom (I gave that one to Thomas as his little tv went phlewy and hadn't been replaced) We went out to Walmart and I bought Jack a late birthday present. We had just had open heart surgery around his birthday and never got a present. He had bought me a gorgeous, diamond, ruby and sapphire ring for my birthday and he got nada because we couldn't afford anything right then. I bought him an IPOD, which he had been drooling over and we went to pick up the tv and they didn't have any at that store. I wanted this 20 incher that was on sale for $90 so we have to go and get it later because we are taking the car back to Firestone this morning and letting them do the brakes. We were going to have Midas do them, but Jack can't do it until Saturday and I don't want to sit at Midas all day on Monday so we are just going to pay the few extra bucks and have Firestone do it.

Oh, we did get the car washed and vacuumed inbetween there somewhere too.

I didn't get to knit one stitch yesterday. I need to get the house cleaned and such today so I doubt I get much knitted today either.

Time to go back to bed now as I am Sleepy

Donna


No comments: