Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Year at an end

As with everything else, I am always one step behind the times. I wasn't even sure how to use a blog until I started seeing others on my knitting website.

This year has been the pits. Jack has had a lot of issues with his heart culminating in open heart bypass surgery in Sept. We didn't get to take our yearly trip to Vegas, in fact didn't travel much at all this year as we usually do. I will just be glad when the new year gets here.

On the up side, our grandson Thomas is growing like a weed, smart as a whip and totally adorable. His is going to have a brand new cousin in June of next year and we are really looking forward to that.

As I wasn't sure what our money would be like with Jack being out of work after his surgery, I started knitting up a storm for Christmas. I have made dozen of things for family this year including a Beatles sweater for the biggest fan in the world, our grandson.

Today I am finishing my daughter's shrug for Christmas, doing some floor mopping and then figuring out what I want to do next!

1 comment:

MarDi said...

Hi! I followed your link from KH, and wanted to welcome you to the world of blogging! I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

If your grandson is the Beatles #1 fan, than I guess that makes me #2 (and here I thought I was #1)! :D I hope you'll post a pic of the Beatles sweater, I'd love to see it!

I hope your husband has a very speedy recovery!