Wednesday, December 27, 2006

When it comes to frogging....

Man, I have to be the champion frogger! Since my dd's shrug was not a hit, I am getting it back from her and tearing it out and making something for myself and I am going to make her a sweater I found that I just have to get the yarn for. I also tore out the blanket I had started for the baby because I frogged it 4 times and couldn't get the pattern right for some reason so I gave up on it and am going to try my hand at a feather and fan. I may have made a lot of things, but they are all really easy. I am not a spectacular knitter and I wonder sometimes how these new knitters take to it so fast and make such wonderful things. I hate to spend money on classes but I may have to. I know that some of it is because I am left handed so watching how to videos at KH can be difficult, like I-cord. I mean, everyone says how easy it is, but I simply cannot get the hang of it! I am having trouble using dpn's too though I really like using circs way more than straight needles. Too bad so many patterns having to be transferred to dpn's to finish them up.

Now that I have the purse finished, I am slowing down with projects and doing more complicated and longer ones like the blanket and sweater. I do need to do something for my sister's birthday in April, but the live in Southern Calf so sweater's aren't such a good idea. She wears a larger size, not plus, but L or XL depending on the pattern and I wonder about fit making her a sweater and not seeing her for a long time.

I guess I should quit dawdling and get my upstairs bathrooms cleaned. I did get the downstairs all cleaned yesterday, which made me feel back in my "zone." I do hate having any clutter, mess or what I feel is a dirty house. It is ridiculous really because the dirtiest my house gets is the pets dragging food out of the bowl or fuzz from the dryer on the floor!

Next time I hope to show progress on my new projects..... Knitting





2 comments:

MarDi said...

Move over then Donna, because we both must be equal frogging champions! I swear, I frog more than I knit most of the time! lol

MarDi said...

..and for good reason, the new handbag you knitted and felted is gorgeous -- A girl can't have too many handbags! lol

You're much more advanced then I am, I have yet to even try circular needles, and haven't felted a thing yet!