Thursday, December 21, 2006

The rain is really coming down here!

Our little yorky went outside this morning because he really had to go, did his thing and zoomed back in again. Laugh

Jack is still sleeping and has just about half an hour before he has to get up and ready for work and get out and face this rain. The drivers here are nuts on dry weather, but go totally Road Rage when it rains here! It is like their brains have shriveled up or something.

I have a new goal for next year, 100 lbs down, at least 2 adult sweaters made, and exercising at least 6 days a week. I have to get this weight off and keep it off. I cannot believe I have slipped back into all these old bad habits. Perturbed I am an enabler to Jack and he surely doesn't need the sweets and fat with his heart stuff.

I am just hohum about Christmas. I miss my children not being little and doing the things we did when they were little, I don't get to see my grandson but 3 or 4 hours over the holiday and the family as a whole live in two different places and aren't together. As far as the celebrating, it is just another day to me. The religious side is something different, but the other part I am just off about this year. I didn't put up any decorations (I can't see why when no one comes to visit, the tree can't be seen to outsiders because of our front windows being blocked by tall bushes and our back is totally block by the garage, the cat fools with the tree stuff so why bother?) I had to mail my son and dil's gifts to them and don't even get to enjoy watching them open them, Jack and I don't exchange gifts preferring to save the money for summer vacation and I get that smidgeon of time with my grandson. His mom doesn't particularly like her parents so she would prefer spending her time elsewhere. All in all, I am not very jolly this year at all.

Boy, that sounds like depression, but it really isn't. I am looking forward to going down to the hotel for a little fun on Sunday night, seeing my grandson for even a short time and seeing them open their gifts and just being with my husband. I am not sitting around grousing all the time or Scrooge I just miss what we did when the kids were little.

Back to the start of the day and a whole lot more knitting!!!!





No comments: