Friday, December 15, 2006

Oh boy, I needed more yarn...









Today was do the errands day and I am only 5 rows from finishing my dd's Christmas shrug so I had to buy a new skein. Well, I have been looking for yarn that is reasonable for a felted hat for my Red Hat chpter and found some at Walmart's and bought it! Sheesh, I spent $200 in a store I don't even like. Of course, it wasn't much yarn, mostly stuff involved with Christmas and some grocery stuff, but still I was hoping closer to $100! There goes some of my gambling money! lol This isn't even a good pic of the colors. The purple is vibrant and glittery and the red is a deep true red and not this more orange color. I may have enough of the lash left and the wool to make a scarf to go with it.



You know red hatters, they are all about flambouyance! I guess I have to get used to that. I went to my first meeting/luncheon a couple weeks ago and wore a simple purple two piece pant and sweater and a red hat designed visor! You should have seen some of the ladies! Some of the hats were pretty cool though! I thought I would wow them with my own version!



On another note, I got this yarn from my dil for Christmas and haven't a clue what to make. It is not the greatest color, I am not much of a scarf wearer (we are after all in the south) and need to make myself something since it was a gift. If I can find a pattern that isn't too difficult maybe a handbag would be good. I have 4 skeins! It is Bernat Frenzy if you want to look it up and see a better color.












I have started a shawl/stole for my sister for Christmas. I sure hope I can whip it up and get it out in the mail by next Wednesday. Her birthday is the day after Christmas. Here is a sample







I have tons to do in the house today and have wasted part of the morning. I need to get the skeins separated into three parts so I can finish up the shrug and work some more on the stole. I also have to lug all the Christmas junk up to the spare room, which is wrapping central or as I like to refer to it the gift room from hell!


Knit on all you ladies!




No comments: