Thursday, December 28, 2006

Heigh Ho the Dairy O A Frogging We Will Go...

Walking Garbage Can That is what I think of my last attempt at a stitch pattern. I am so clueless it is pathetic! Ah well, I have learned a huge amount about patience this way, which is good .

I am going to knit my sister a sweater for her birthday in April. She lives in S Calf so I wanted something short sleeved and cool. So here goes with a pic of the sweater and the yarn I chose for her. She has dark hair like the model and a tannish/lt olive complexion so I think it will look great! No, you are not seeing things! I had to scan this in and put it in the scanner
crooked and am too lazy to do it over.

I am also doing a sweater for my dd to replace the shrug that was too big. I chose this yarn and pattern. She is a redhead so I thought the amber/gold color would look good on her.


I found the perfect buttons, but they are sold out, darn it so I will just keep an eye out for them to restock. They are online though so I hate to just order the buttons and pay all that shipping for 5 buttons!
My last day of cleaning for the week and I am done. I have the upstairs vacuuming and dusting to do. That is a snap. Hopefully, one of these days we can replace the carpet with hardwood floors. I do hate carpeting with pets.
I just put all my purse junk into the new felt handbag. I may need a flashlight to find stuff, but there is plenty of room in there! Clapping Hands Wonder if I will get any comments from people. It is kind of a far out handbag.
I believe what I am now doing is called stalling so I better Vacuuming Dusting
And that's the way it was, Thursday, December 28th, 2006....



1 comment:

MarDi said...

Oh, the first sweater is beautiful, but I just love the second! I'm sure they'll both be gorgeous when they're made!

What a great idea, a stitch dictionary. I should have thought to get one when I was buying books online yesterday; the next time I'll definitely have to get one!

...and thanks so much for your encouragement, it really helps to boost my courage level! I bought circulars when I was out today, and I think I'll give them a try with some play yarn after dinner...wish me luck! :D