Saturday, December 16, 2006

One of my ugly jobs in life....

My husband is retired Navy and as such we have privileges using the Navy base including the commissary (for those not in the know, that is the grocery store, in Hollywood that is their cafeteria... ;) and it is my unfortunate job to have to do the grocery shopping at this place. Why you ask, considering it is 25 miles away, you hate it, the old people are rude with their stupid motorized carts, you alway wait in line, oh sorry, I digress....Well, for one thing, there is NO sales tax, a 3% surcharge only, and we have an almost 10% sales tax here in TN, the food is at least overall 30-50% cheaper and that is the big draw. I just hate to do it and Jack hates to grocery shop, period so I don't subject him to it unless I really need him to go. We have a deal, I shop, he lugs it all in and helps put it away. I discourage that for the most part because I have my pantry set up where my veggies are in groups etc, my boxed stuff lined up etc and he just shoves stuff up on the shelves so I have to go back and fix it anyway. I just appreciate the fact I don't have to carry it in. When he had his heart surgery, he couldn't carry anything for 2 weeks than nothing over 5 lbs for a couple months so I had to do the whole thing. Oh my aching back!




I am about halfway done with the shrug. It is Paton's Divine yarn and you know how that fuzzy stuff is to take out. I bought the stuff on sale in the first place and loved the color. Came home, knitted the back of a sweater dress for me, decided I would look like a huge pumpkin in it and put the back away. So, last night I unraveled it all to use it on her shawl and I had fuzz up my nose, in my mouth and aching hands by the time I was done. I now have 2 1/2 balls of lovely orange yarn to use though and if I can get the thing done this weekend, might be able to squeeze in a little clutch if I can find the perfect pattern.


**A bit later....I actually couldn't find a clutch pattern and made one up and here it is!




Well, onwards and upwards. I need to clean out the litter box and get to that knittin'




No comments: