Thursday, May 10, 2007

No I did not fall off the end of the world!

Not only have I been hugely busy, I can't post pictures because of my camera catastrophe so I haven't been posting. That is unforgivable I know.

Let's see since March, I finished both ribbon tops, am halfway done with a Cub Scout blanket for my grandson's birthday, am just a smidge away from completing my cardigan ( just need to do the sewing up basically), have started a hoodie jacket for Jackson for Christmas and probably several other things I can't think of. I knit pretty much everyday so I know I have finished more than this! lol

The baby's date has been moved up to May 26th so we only have a little over two weeks until the new one is here. My dil is doing well. She has problems with her feet swelling and she says she is miserable trying to sleep, but other than that she is doing well. We are so anxious for it all to happen.

You should see the paper chain for Vegas now. We have less than 16 weeks to go. I have the airline tickets (first class WooHoo) paid for, the hotel reservation and deposit paid for, we are staying on the strip this time at Bally's, I have bought the Cirque tickets to see "Love" and they are front row seats! Woohoo I still have the Lance Burton magic show tickets to get, but can't purchase those until June as they aren't available yet. I have the car reserved, though with gas prices outrageous we are going to try and walk most places. We are pretty set to go and really really can't wait to leave.

My trip to visit my sister was a bust. First off, I had hemmoroids really bad, which is unusual, because I rarely have problems with them. The two hour drive was excruciating. We did some shopping, but I couldn't find anything I wanted except a jacket, which I passed up as not necessary. We did go and see Wild Hogs (I had already been with Jack and found it hilarious) ! She was having a problem with her leg being in pain and after she got home found out she had blood clots in her legs and little ones in her lungs. She is still in bad shape over those. It just wasn't the fun time I had hoped. We didn't even go to the pool because she left at 7 AM the next morning because of a family thing so I just went home too. I figure she felt the same way. Too old ladies falling apart.

The shower was great and she loved everything I bought and made. My little overalls were a big hit for some reason. I fell in love! One of her friends has a baby that is 6 months old and he and I got on very well. Everyone is always amazed at how well baby's take to me, but it must be the Sexy When my kids were little my dd called them fluffy pillows! Laugh She got everything and anything so she is pretty set. The baby's room is adorable done in yellow and green and just charming. Something not so themed. She got this cool thing that throws the constellations onto the ceiling and it is really neat. She also has some neat lighting in there.

Oh, WW is coming along fine. I am down over 30 lbs now and still working it. I have a couple backward slides with traveling and such, but nothing I didn't remedy right away.

Until the next time.....

Donna





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to have you back among us! Sounds like you have been busy, busy,busy. Your upcoming trip to Vegas sounds so exciting, I've never been. Hope you get your camera situation fixed up, I miss seeing your progress!

MarDi said...

Welcome back Donna, so glad to catch up with you!

I can't wait to hear about Cirque Du Soleil's "Love" when you get back from your trip. I have the soundtrack CD, a wonderful, wonderful remix of the Beatles originals, and I would love to see it in person. I'm sure you'll love it!

I've never been to Vegas either, it seems that all my travels take me east and not west. But maybe one day I'll find myself there. :)