Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Oooh, got my new knitpicks catalogue!

Good almost afternoon gals! I had a rough night and Jack is sick so I finally gave up and brought Fortune downstairs about 2 AM. I read until 5 AM when Jack got up for work then I crashed until 9 this morning. Jack feels he can't take time off so he went to work feeling sort of crappy. He has a sore throat and is pretty hoarse, but otherwise is ok. You know when you have a sore throat you always feel a bit off.

I have to get upstairs in a minute and clean the bathrooms. I haven't made the bed yet because Butterscotch is refusing to stay off the bed long enough for me to make it. I have put him out of the bedroom and closed the door, but our door doesn't latch really tight and the little bugger shoves his body up against it to open it and back on the bed he jumps! I have to trick him and wait until he goes downstairs.

I got my knitpicks catalogue yesterday and they have a knitting book I want to get. It is called "Charmed Knits." It is projects for fans of Harry Potter. There are 30 different patterns including sweaters, invisibility cloaks, Christmas ornaments, all kinds of things. I also saw a knitting software program I want for Christmas. It allows me to take any pattern and adapt it to any size. It allows you to take a straight needle knitting pattern and convert it to circular needles too, which would be a god send. I could have a whole list of stuff for Christmas for myself just from this one catalogue. One of the things I have wanted for a long long time from this site is an "options interchangeable needle set." I don't have nearly the number of circs I would like to have and this would be a great way of having a whole set. I am sure many of you probably have this set.

Well, I guess I should get myself up and get to cleaning. I really need to do a lot of knitting on the blanket today as I got a new book from my book club and sat and read it instead of knitting yesterday and this morning.

Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

MarDi said...

Hi Donna,

I have the "Options" set, and all I can say is that if you have the chance to get a set, do so!! You won't be disappointed. I love mine, and can't imagine knitting with anything else. They can be used as straight needles as well as circs, so they fit the bill for most anything.