Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Things we do for Love!

We are supposed to be nice and sunny again today. It started cool yesterday morning, but warmed up a lot by afternoon. I got the shopping all done, Jack got a haircut, we had lunch at Macaroni Grill as a special treat (we had never been there before) and today we will pack and then wait for the call.

Do you remember the Lucy episode when she was pregnant and Ricky, Ethel, and Fred all had a game plan and kept practicing calmly until she said, "This is it!?" They then fell all over each other and dropped her suitcase, etc. Well, the little smart aleck I gave birth to and is going to be my new grandson's dubious father... called here yesterday. When Jack answered the phone he heard a siren sound and a voice saying, "This is a drill, this is a drill!" Jack started laughing and I yelled over him that I was going to slap that boy when I got to Indiana.

Today I am going to clean the downstairs, Jack is going to get an oil change in the car to be ready for the trip, then tomorrow Fortune goes to the groomer so he is all pretty in case we have to take him. I actually expect her to go into labor sometime the week of Memorial Day, but we shall see. I know she shouldn't have problems until then, but you never know. Best to be prepared at any rate.

Since the hat was a whiz bang to do, (just took me a about 3 hours actually,) I have an easy pattern for a hooded sweater I am going to start him to finish out his Cub Scout stuff for his birthday. I am going to work between it and the blanket. I only have 4 blocks of color to finish on the blanket then a round of SCrochet around the edge and it will be done.

Everyone have a good Sunday!

Donna

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Luck on your trip and keep us posted!