Saturday, May 19, 2007

I have a New Digital Camera....YEAH!

I found a great deal on a Nikon at Target of all places then went to Walmart and got a spectacular deal on the memory cards a 2 for one thing so now we are all set to take loads of new baby and Vegas pictures! Besides that, I can show you what I have been doing all this time with yarn.

First off, there aren't many patterns out there for people my size in the knitting world so I have to adapt and I am not any where near an expert knitter so sometimes they aren't as perfect as they should be. Take the peach sleeveless shell and the cardigan. These are two different patterns and the cardigan sleeves are way too big, but I had to do an estimation from the largest size they had how much to increase everything. I push up my sleeves on long sleeve anything anyway so... It is a nice comfortable sweater and can be very warm for me. It is made with Caron Simply Soft in Soft Country Peach.
















The blue shell is made with Estelle Dazzle in Caribbean Surf and it has this sparkle too it, which now lies all over my carpets, my furniture, my bed, our bodies, etc. Even the cat and dog sparkle! Laugh
















This is Thomas's Cub Scout earflap hat for his campouts that will match the blanket I made him for Cub Scouts for his birthday. The ice tea pot was in love with it and wanted it for himself, but I refused! Purple Smiles













This is the yarn bag my dd bought me for Mother's Day. Isn't it the coolest thing. I just love it.
I am almost finished with his blanket, am working on a hoodie jacket for the new baby for Christmas and want to make this sweater for my dd for her birthday she wants badly, but I am having a real problem with the instructions. I may have to come to you ladies and have help figuring it all out.
Oh and PS: I had been shopping all day and had taken all my makeup off and my messed up my hair before I started the picture takes so I know I look awful!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Donna

No comments: