Monday, May 14, 2007

Could it Get any Worse?????

I went to breakfast with my dd and Thomas yesterday morning. Boy, Cracker Barrel has the best turkey sausage! We had a nice visit, Thomas gave me this cute little, for lack of better words, sand painting in a jar thing that is very pretty and they both gave me this cool handmade straw handbag that is shaped sort of like an African jug. She said she didn't know if I would like it as a handbag because of the sort of irritating way you have to undo the latch. A long woven piece snakes through the front like belt loops and goes over the top of these protrusions and fastens down on them so it is kind of irksome. She bought it to carry my knitting in, which is great. I can carry one set of whatever when I go somewhere and not have to carry everything I am doing. It was really a very thoughtful gift. Since T didn't have anything to give to his mom, I made up a gift for him of a "chick lit" book that I bought for her for her birthday, a handbag I bought in a sale for her and votive candles that I always keep on hand. I went to the store yesterday morning and got him a card to sign so he had something to give her. His dad is in Toronto and didn't do anything with him ahead of time. My son called around noon and we had a nice visit.

Today is housecleaning day and I of course, have to walk this morning so it is a full morning. I finally got out to Michael's and got more blanket yarn so I can work on getting it finished. I hope I might be able to get a hat in there too, but I don't know if I can squeeze it in before his birthday. I don't have the proper needles and would have to get them along with yarn and such.

I hope everyone had a really nice Mother's Day in whatever way you wanted to spend it. I am going to put yesterday's in the trash bin and leave it there.

Have a good one!

Donna

No comments: