Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It is Raining to beat the band here!

I had a very early night last night and when I got up to go to the bathroom at 3 just didn't feel like going back to bed. Jack thought he had disturbed me, which he hadn't. He sounds awful, but says it is just his throat.

Fortune is standing at the door wanting to go out, but it is raining hard and when I let him out, he went about 4 steps out and right back in so there isn't any reason to try it again. I think he went in and used the puppy pads, at least I hope he did that and not the carpeting.

Do you know that my sil has never even answered my email about what to do with her birthday package? I mean, how rude is that? I am just going to mail her gift card in an envelope then send her handbag out once more separately in a box, if it comes back than I am keeping it. It is ridiculous I can't even get a response to what she wants me to do with it. It has been sitting here for over a week now as I have been waiting to hear from her.

I peeked at the scales and it looks like I am down another lb though my "weigh in" isn't until Friday's. I think I told you I quit WW and am just doing it myself. I liked the place I changed to, but I don't get a lot out of the meetings and I don't seem to need the others in the group to spur me on. I have Jack to do that, plus trying to lose weight for vacation or whatever I make as a goal. I can't see spending all that money on it.

I sure wish I could hurry up and get the blanket done. It is the most boring knitting and I sure get tired of it pretty quickly. I have to finish the fourth strip and start on the fifth today. I can't keep avoiding it. I only have about 15 rows to finish the 4th strip and I am only making two more so I am making progress.

I saw yesterday that Jerry Falwell died. Kelly went to college there. Not for long, just one semester because of problems she encountered with a dishonest debate coach, but it is a beautiful campus up in the hills of Lynchburg. It is always a shock to family when a person goes off to work, even has breakfast with staff and then is found a little while later with no pulse. I can't say I agree with everything he said or did, but I applaud him for having the courage of his convictions.

Well, I guess I will do some morning chores and then sit and knit until Jack gets up for work. More cleaning to do today upstairs and I would like to get it done early.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
Donna



No comments: