Friday, May 18, 2007

It won't be long now....

I hope to have nice sunny weather to run errands today. I am going to get that blasted gift mailed back to my sil. I still have not heard from her and it is closing in on 2 weeks now. She told Jack she is sending my son and dil a gift card for the baby, but I will believe it when I see it. If they don't have the money, then just send a card. Jay certainly won't care as they just keep getting more and more gifts and she pretty much has everything they need and more. She never sent Kelly even a card for Thomas nor did she send even cards for either of the girl's wedding or baby showers or their weddings for that matter. I have begged her several times to send me her son's address, who is in Afghanistan in the Army so that I can send him a nice fat care package, but I haven't gotten that either. Her olded dd is getting married in August and I don't know if we will get an invite or even information so I can send them a gift. I don't even know Michelle's fiancee's name. I do know she has major problems in her home, but still how much time does it take to email someone.

I started and finished the earflap hat yesterday and it turned out just adorable. I sure do miss my digital camera at this time. I have a knitting online friend who told me how to make a pompom and for the first time, mine actually turned out. They usually come out like tassels instead, but she doesn't use the cardboard technique and the way she does it worked. the hat is the Cub Scout blue with a 2 inch gold stripe in the middle. I did a double crochet all the way around the hat in the gold, the pompom is half gold, half blue and the ties are gold and blue braided with short tassels on the ends. It was super easy to do and I even ripped 3/4 of the hat completely out and started over when I saw it was going to be too big with the needles I was using. It was a pattern my dd sent me from the diy show on tv called Knitty Gritty. The hat was knit in one piece, well actually two pieces, as I knit the first earflap and put it on holders, knit the second one, then left it on the needle, cast on stitches, knit the second earflap onto the needle then cast on stitches for the front of the hat. It was knit in the round on circs, but I have found that I have much better time if I start the project on straight then transfer to the circs and my stitches never get twisted this way.

We are going to pack this weekend to go to Indiana and be as ready as possible when Jay calls us. We sure would like to beat the stork if we can so I am going to email him with instructions on when to call, if her water breaks, call, if she is steady and having contractions 10 minutes apart, call, etc. I can see him calling us when she is already at the hospital pushing and I at least want a fighting chance to get up there.

Well, I am going to do morning chores and knit until Jack gets up. He has blood work that has to be done this morning so he is going into work late.

No comments: