Friday, July 6, 2007

Working hard at gifts....

I have a bunch of projects all on my plate right now. I have half a sleeve yet to complete my sil's birthday present and will post when it is finished. I did a yarn shop at knitpicks and got some lovely silk blend yarn for my dd's sweater for her birthday in November (see previous post pic) then bought some cashmere to make my dil a scarf. It is called night sky and I think she will like it. I want to make this scarf for her. She wears scarves all fall and winter all the time.

I am also going to get a booga bag done for dd for Christmas and a hat and sweater made for Jackson and a sweater and match hat for Thomas (see previous picture of blue and white striped sweater start) I decided to make Jackson a sweater and hat in 24 months so he could wear it next year as he has 4 sweaters I made him already plus assorted jackets and such to keep him warm this fall and winter. I am going to get him some little corduroys in olive or tan and a turtleneck to go under the sweater. I didn't go with the same colors because I have a huge amount of leftover yarn from Tom's sweater. I bought it on a sale where it couldn't be returned and changed my mind about the pattern when I saw how bulky the sweater would be and knew Tom would never wear it. I have something like 8 skeins left so am using two for the baby's stuff along with the rust and olive. Here is the pattern, the buttons and the start on the hat.
We are now under 8 weeks until vacation and each day seems to stretch on forever. Glad I have to much knitting to do so it keeps me occupied.

Until next time....
Star 18 the newest movie comes out in less than a week!

Donna

1 comment:

Lion's Paw said...

The scarf looks like it will be a fun knit and will be a great place to showcase that beautiful silk yarn. I like the sweater and hat set too. Nice colors and the idea of the matching pants is a really nice thing to do. You'll get grandma points for that!