Saturday, July 21, 2007

Just more birthday stuff...

This bag is for one of my best friend's for her birthday next month. I used Paton SWS in Regency and bought the button from the Button Drawer online. It is my favorite place to get cool buttons.

My sweet boy is sure growing. Looks like it won't be long until this sleeper won't fit. Guess Nonny is going to have to get Jackson some CUBS gear! His daddy sent me this last night after the CUBS kicked the Arizona Diamondbacks' behinds for them. We are all big Cubs fans including Jackson!

We are still biding our time waiting for vacation. We are just 5 1/2 weeks out. I have never wanted to go on vacation more. After last year with Jack's open heart surgery, we need a nice break, just the two of us. I was scared to death I was going to lose him last year and to have him healthy again and ready to go on a trip is the best of news. Since we have a pool here at the condos, we have been swimming in the evenings and he has gotten used to being around people without a shirt now. He will get stares of course, but what can you do, they cut open his chest from neck to near naval for heaven's sake? He isn't Frankenstein. He doesn't even notice anymore and I am so glad.

I have several projects still going. I am still working on my grandson's blue and white striped sweater, then will do a matching hat, have a hat and sweater for the little guy in the works and a beautiful hyacinth bluish purple colored wrap sweater I want to do for my dd's birthday in November. Right now I am hurrying around and knitting a shawl that matches a top I made for Vegas. It is blue ribbon yarn all glittery, just perfect for the bright lights of Vegas and the shawl is the same yarn. It was a spur of the moment idea as I have 6 skeins of the stuff left.

I am waiting none to patiently for later morning to get here so that UPS will deliver my Harry Potter book. I saw a streaming video this morning of her reading the book and quit watching as I want to read it for myself.

Hope everyone that peeks in here has a good summer!

Donna

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I really love that bag! The rich color is beautiful for a felted project and the button adds a great little accent! Nice work :)