Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"As the Sweater Begins....."

I have the back finished and am working on the front of this sweater for Thomas for Christmas. I will be making him a matching stocking cap to go with it and mittens if I can find the time. It has kind of a stand up mock turtleneck, which Kelly doesn't think he will like so I am just going to make it shorter more like a regular neckline. I love the color and since blue is Thomas's favorite color I think it will be a hit.

I now only have 1 thing OTN so I need to get something else going so I have stuff to switch off since I get bored. I am going to begin my dil's cashmere scarf I think because it will be an easy knit. It is just a simple open purse stitch.

It has been horrible hot and montrously humid here for weeks now. I go over about 7:45 to the pool every morning to swim laps and it is hot and sticky even that early. I guess we are just in for a long hot summer so to speak. I rarely leave the house when it is so awfully hot. I get nauseous going in and out of the AC buildings and car into the heat.

We have 7 weeks from today and we leave on vacation. I guess Las Vegas is having record heat sometimes near 120 degrees getting only into the 90's overnight. Glad we are renting a car! I am not about to walk in that kind of heat. Their humidity is running only 3% and I got a nosebleed going there in April 2004 and walking around so I know I would have trouble in that kind of heat with no moisture in the air. We are really looking forward to getting away and spending some good old romance time together. I booked us a reservation at Stacks in the Mirage on the night we go to see "Love" so we can have a nice romantic dinner then go to the Cirque show. Most of the time we eat buffets or cheapo stuff. One of our favorites is DerWeinerschnitzel! Yummy We like their chili cheese dogs and they don't have one of those here. When we lived out west we used to go there all the time because it is cheap eats and we really miss them. Everyone raves about In and Out burger, which is ok, but nothing to write home about. It is a hamburger just like a lot of other places. The one good thing is the stuff is fresh there. They have one not too far from the hotel, so I imagine that will be a lunch sometime too. We also are planning on going to Nora's, which is a small family owned Italian restaurant everyone raves about. We tried Maggianos when we were there in 2005, but weren't really that inpressed with it so want to try something different.

I have our Harry Potter tickets for Friday night clenched in my fat little hands. We are looking forward to seeing the newest movie. I bought them a week early as the shows sell out for several weeks here. I am sure most places do.

Well, back to my knitting. Keep Cooleveryone!

Donna





No comments: