Monday, July 2, 2007

More about Jackson

He is growing and becoming quite the sweet baby. It is hard to believe he is almost a month old. His mom says he is sleeping all night now and they just took a trip to Chicago for a friend's baby shower and it went very well. He got his first trip to a hotel, his first baby shower, and his first experience in a swimming pool, which as you can see didn't thrill him!








As for my knitting, I have the front and back finished on my sil's sweater for his birthday and am starting the sleeves today. This looks kind of orangy, but is a really nice honey color. I look forward to finishing it and getting back to my grandson's sweater and hat for Christmas. I picked out some lovely yarn for my dd's birthday sweater. She is a redhead and so some colors just won't work for her. I think this deep bluish purple will look great. Here is a pic of the sweater pattern she wanted.




The most exciting thing going on at our house is that we only have 8 weeks until we leave for Vegas. It sure can't come soon enough in my opinion. We are pretty much all ready to go except to pack. We are really looking forward to a little "us" time after last year and the new baby this year and all.

Hope everyone is having a fine summer!

Donna

2 comments:

Lion's Paw said...

Oh, the little fellow sleeping is just soooo precious. I like the pattern for the sweater that your DIL picked out. It would look terrible on my, but my daughter would look cute in it.

Unknown said...

The picture of him sleeping is so sweet. It doesn't look like he has missed many meals! Like Lion's Paw, my daughter would love the sweater. I'll be watching for your progress!