Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Hats are done, the sweaters coming...

I have Thomas's and Jackson's hats for Christmas finished and Thomas's sweater almost done. I will be starting Jackson's sweater and leaving it to work on the plane while we are on vacation.
I am also going to be making my son a CUBS striped scarf for his birthday in October. I have to buy the yarn and the patches for it still. I will probably get to doing that today.

We are less than a month now until Vegas. Each day seems a little longer than the one before. I dislocated my knee a week and a half ago so am trying to get it strong enough to go back to swimming so I can really strengthen it. I find that walking a lot on it seems to make it more susceptible to popping out again. This isn't the first time this has happened and I know what to do when it does, but I thought since it hasn't happened in around 2 years now, that maybe it was healed completely, but I guess it never will be.

We finished the Harry Potter book the day it came out and I am on a second reading. I always read it fast the first time then go back and read it slowly every other time so I get all the little tidbits I missed. She sure did kill off a lot in this book. I cried for some of the deaths.

I have got to find more projects to line up as I am almost out of knitting projects. I have a sweater for my dd's birthday (November) to do, but am starting it after I come back from vacation. Other than that, I will probably have nothing. I will probably take the scarf and the baby sweater with me to Vegas as I have bamboo needles for both so I shouldn't have a problem in the airport security.

It is cleaning day for me, so I best get started.
When all else fails....

Knitting Donna

2 comments:

roxtarc said...

I saw these hats on knittinghelp & had to come and look at your blog... your new lil grandson's GORGEOUS... and i'm loving all you've knit.
thanks,
Colleen

Mommy Mash said...

Hi,

same as roxtarchic, saw ya hats from knittinghelp..

both hats look great!

I am a newbiw in knitting..trying to pick up this hobby..is ya first hat easy enuf for a newbie like me? mainly knit stitch?

Can u share with me the pattern? coz i hoping to do one for my baby son.

thanks!

Shirly aka mash
Singapore