Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Money Just Seems to Fly Out the Window...

Sheesh, there is so much going on and of course it all costs $$$$. I have bought my sil's leather handbag for her birthday, but still have to get her a gift card at the request of her brother. Bless her heart, she has terrible taste in clothes, dresses like she is 70 years old. I took her to buy some clothes when she was here for her brother's surgery. I picked out this gorgeous wine colored sweater set and a broomstick skirt with grays, blacks and wines in it. She wore it to the hospital the next day...with Rheeboks! Then, there is Easter and I have to get an Easter basket for Thomas and talk to dd about what she wants to do about Easter as we will be gone the weekend before to go to the baby shower. I have my son and dil's anniversary on April 10th and I am going out of town to Little Rock that day to meet my sister for her birthday and have a girl's day and night. I have to rent a car to go and am paying for the hotel room for us. I haven't seen her in a year and a half as she lives in California so I am anxious to see her just the two of us. When we are alone, we have such fun.

I am now almost finished with the ribbon top. I have about 4 inches and then I can sew up the shoulders and see if it is a total mess. I am hoping I don't run out of ribbon before I finish it. I also cast on and started a cardigan to go with the peach sleeveless sweater. I haven't even started the other ribbon top for Vegas. I am still deciding what I want to do with it and how. It is a beautiful ribbon and will make a gorgeous top once I decide what I want to do.

I got a short walk in this morning and will do some weights this morning for a few minutes I guess. My diet plan is coming along ok having a disaster of a weekend. I paid for it with horrible heartburn on Saturday night that kept me awake most of the night.

If you like movies, ignore the critics and go see "Wild Hogs." It is hilarious and I loved it. You even get to see William H Macy's butt! lol I don't know why the critics hated it other than the fact it is pure entertainment, not moronic like some comedies that get accolades like stupid Jack Black films and you don't learn some higher social value unless it is that friends stick together. I would go see it again. Thumbs Up

Don't forget to turn your Clock forward on Saturday night. I can't believe the government did this, but when did any of them have any brains to begin with. I hear it could cause some real technical problems with computers and such and some payroll systems.

Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday. It is going to be Tannytoday for us almost 70!

Donna



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I meant to comment on your post yesterday about what a handsome grandson you have! You must be very proud of him! Sounds like you are keeping busy! Your peach sweater came out very nice! I love the color. I am looking forward to seeing the ribbon top, I never used any of ribbon, is it difficult to work with? It certainly can't be worse than the Homespun I use for the prayer shawls!
Have a great day!

MarDi said...

Wow, you have so much to look forward to in the coming weeks!

I'm so envious of your weather there, it's still bitter cold here (12 degrees at the moment with a wind chill of 5 degrees)! But spring is coming...eventually! LOL